Teasing

It's been a week since that night, and today is Jennifer and Aditya's haldi ceremony. I don't plan on attending because I don't want to face him.

How can I face him after acting so stupidly? What will he think of me?

Jennifer tried to calm me down, saying it's okay, I was drunk and not in my right mind. But it's not okay. I mean, I kissed someone whose name I barely know, and I'm not that kind of girl. I'm faithful, and I wanted my first kiss to be with my husband. But now, here I am. And you know what's the worst part? He said that I asked him to...

I can't even think about it. Oh god, what have I done?

My thoughts were interrupted by a phone call.

"Where are you? Today is my haldi ceremony. When are you coming?" Jenny asked from the other end.

"I'm not coming," I said.

"What?" she shouted. "Are you kidding me? Today is my haldi, your best friend's haldi, and you're saying you're not coming? Seriously, I don't understand you. I'm sending someone to pick you up in an hour, and if I don't see you here, I swear I'll come to your home and bring you here myself. Understand?" she said angrily.

"But at least listen to..." I tried to say, but she didn't let me finish.

"I'm not listening to anything. You are coming, and that's final," she said before cutting the call.

Ohhh Goddd!!

Now i will have to go otherwise Jennifer will actually come from her haldi ceremony and i really don't want that.

So I got up to get ready.

I wore a yellow anarkali suit with a net dupatta. I wore earrings and did light makeup.

By the time I got ready, Jennifer had already called and said she had sent someone to pick me up

By the time I got ready, Jennifer had already called and said she had sent someone to pick me up. So, I grabbed my purse and phone, told my mom, and headed downstairs.

As I descended the stairs, I spotted a black Mercedes parked at the entrance of the building. Slowly approaching it, I opened the door to get in, only to find that cockroach sitting on the driving seat wearing goggles .

Startled, I quickly shut the door and turned around, my heart racing. I dialed Jennifer's number, and she answered after two rings. "Out of everyone, you got him to pick me up?" I blurted out.

"Relax, calm down," she reassured me.

"What do you mean by 'him'?" she asked.

"That cockroach," I replied.
"Which cockroach?" she inquired.

"The one wearing goggles," I explained, trying to remember his name. "Rocky," someone said, and I confirmed it.

"Oh, Rocky," Jennifer acknowledged. "Actually, I asked Adi to send someone because no one else was available."