Arrested

First of all thank you so much for 17k views.....

Secondly sorry for not updating but my exams are going on so I am helpless...

And lastly bhaii comment Kiya kro yarr how will I know ki you people are able to understand what I am trying to portray!!

In short comment as much as you can kyunki mujhe motivation milti h or main chp jaldi likh leti hun so if you want the next CHP soon the comment. Simple!

Enough of my rants, now you may continue with the chapter...

----------

Her father moved aside, and I saw the man I wanted to see the least right now. The room seemed to shrink around us as our eyes locked. He stood there, tall and imposing, with an expression that radiated fury and disbelief.

As I rose from my seat, determined to face him head-on, he stormed towards me, his steps heavy and purposeful. His face was a mask of anger, his brows furrowed and his mouth set in a hard line.

"You?" he barked, his voice dripping with contempt. "What the hell are you doing here? Weren't you in New York? Then how are you here?" His questions came rapid-fire, each one sharper than the last.

I took a deep breath, steadying myself. "You are no one to question me, and I am not answerable to you," I replied, keeping my voice as calm and measured as I could manage.

He leaned in closer, his eyes narrowing to slits. "Oh really?" he hissed, his tone laced with sarcasm. "You are here for my wife, and you are saying that you are not answerable to me?" The way he emphasized "my wife" sent a chill down my spine. "Tell me, when did you come here? You were in New York, and suddenly you are here, and my wife is attacked."

His accusations hung in the air, heavy with implication. I could feel the tension crackling between us, a palpable force that threatened to explode.

I was taken aback and asked, "What do you mean?" He responded, "I mean, you were in New York, right? So how come you're here now, and especially at a time when my wife has been attacked?" I replied, "Why I came here is none of your concern, and I don't owe you any explanation." He continued, "Well, it is my business because, coincidentally, just when my wife was raped, you happened to be in India. This timing suggests that you might be the one responsible for the attack."

His accusation was shocking. I was in disbelief and thought, "What on earth is he saying? Is he out of his mind?" I would never even consider harming Shivangi, let alone actually do something like that.

As I was trying to make sense of everything, I suddenly felt someone grabbing my collar. It was Shivangi's father. He was visibly enraged and held my collar tightly, saying, "Rudra is right. You're here, and this terrible thing has happened to my daughter. The coincidence is too striking to ignore. How dare you?" I tried to defend myself and said, "I didn't do anything," as I pushed his hand away. At that moment, Rudra interjected and said, "Then prove your innocence with a DNA test."

I was stunned by the sudden turn of events. The situation was escalating quickly, and I felt overwhelmed. Shivangi's father's anger was palpable, and Rudra's demand for a DNA test only added to the tension. I tried to stay calm and reasoned with them.

"Look," I said, "I understand that you're upset, but accusing me without evidence is not going to solve anything. I am willing to cooperate fully to clear my name." I glanced around, hoping someone would intervene or offer support, but everyone seemed to be waiting for the next move.