She is mad

"Ravi informed me, 'She is engaged.'"

"Why are you telling me this? I don't care about her marital status," I replied.

"Hmm, hmm, your words say one thing, but your eyes say another," he teased.

"What do you mean?" I asked, puzzled.

"The way you look at her suggests you like her," he observed.

"Nah, she just reminds me of someone else, and besides, she doesn't like me, and the feeling's mutual," I explained.

He chuckled and said, "You keep telling yourself that." I raised an eyebrow in confusion.

"Nothing, let's go, Adi is waiting for you," he diverted the conversation, and we left.

Soon, the haldi ceremony began, and we gathered by the poolside. Two chairs were placed with a curtain in between to prevent the groom from seeing the bride before the wedding. Everyone applied haldi to Adi and then to Jennifer. After everyone was done applying haldi to both of them. Shivangi playfully covered Adi's face entirely with her handful of haldi on Jennifer's demand, "Sorry jiju, Jenny asked me to do it" she said cutely.

"It's okay, but now you have to do something for me" adi said and leaned near her ear to whisper something. After he completed both of them smirked.

She sneaked away and returned with a bucket of haldi, everyone was busy chit chatting so no one noticed her except me, she quietly went behind Jennifer and poured the whole bucket of haldi on her surprising everyone with it.

Jennifer screamed at her and was about to curse her when she glared at her awaring Jennifer about the surroundings. Jennifer kept her mouth shut.

But started chasing behind Shivangi, and in the chaos, Shivangi ended up behind me, gripping my arm tightly.

"Move" Jenny said.

"Don't " shivangi said.

"Move" Jenny again said.

Oh God I am stuck between mad people!!

"I can't" i said.

Jennifer sighed and signaled me to move when she gave the cue, so I did, allowing her to push Shivangi into the pool.

To my surprise, Shivangi laughed instead of screaming. Jennifer joined in, and I realized her genuine nature. Instead of ruining the moment, she laughed along to keep the atmosphere light.

Jennifer offered her hand to help Shivangi out of the pool, but Shivangi pulled her in, sparking a playful water fight that soon involved everyone.

After an hour of laughter and fun, we headed to our rooms to change for the mehndi ceremony later that night.

I wore a white kurta with green pyjamas and a green overcoat. I styled my hair with gel, applied perfume, and headed outside to join the group. When I arrived, I saw Adi happily writing Jenny's name on his hand. He is whipped for real.

I excused myself and made my way to the bar to grab a drink. Just as I was heading there, my phone rang, prompting me to stop and answer it. It was my secretary on the line, so I took the call. While talking with him, I suddenly heard shouting, and when I turned around, I accidentally bumped into Shivangi. Her hands ended up on my chest, and she seemed surprised. I couldn't help but notice how attractive she looked.

Damn! How can someone look so good in just a plain Salwa suit.... I thought and looked at her.

Her reaction remained the same-shock evident on her face. She suddenly removed her hand from my chest, and then I realized she had applied henna on her hands, which was now ruined. Realization hit me, and I looked at my chest. My white kurta is now adorned with her mehndi design, including my overcoat. Wow, what a start to the night.