Chapter 16

Olivia's pov:

Crap. Crap. Crap.

"It's time to go, Olivia."

Kent grabs my arm and leads me to the car, ignoring the worker.

"Remember that in few days you have to go to the Alden's house."
Kent informs me.
Shit! I forgot about that.

None of us talk about what almost happened in the stables....

***********

I look into the mirror one last time.

I'm wearing a blue tight fitted dress with long sleeves. My auburn hair is down in soft curls and have very little makeup on.

This will have to do....

I leave my room and go towards the front door where the car is waiting out front.

I drove to my destination. The Alden house.

Under my guard's protection, I ring the door bell.
A maid opens the door, giving me a kind smile, then opens the door wide in welcome.

Walking into this house is like walking into a dream. I have been here before, I suddenly realise.

"Oh my god"
I whispers, not realising I said it out loud.
Looking around as I slowly walk through the dining room.
The maid looks at me hesitantly.

"Dinner isn't ready yet, miss. If you'll come with me to the sitting room..."

I ignore her. I can't help myself as I walk to the back of the room and push open the door to the kitchen.

The fridge and stove appear as exactly as I remember them except I wasn't aware that I remembered them.

"Familiar, is it?"

I turn to see Alden standing there. I look at him with wide eyes. He looks around at the kitchen.

"We couldn't keep you out of here..... your mother, the maid, me. You always wanted to come in and pull out all of the pots and pans. Pretend you were cooking or just bang on them."

"I - I'm confused. When I entered the house, memories came to mind."

"Come. I want to introduce you to some people."

I follow him, still staring around the house.
My house. Where I lived, as a small child.

Alden leads me into the sitting room, my guards following closely behind.
When I enter, I'm surprised to see a woman sitting there with a boy, around the age of 5 or 6, at her side and a baby in her lap.

"Olivia, I'd like to introduce you to Tristan, my wife."

So he remarried. Why didn't anyone tell me?

"It's nice to meet you."

She doesn't reply, simply gives me a cold look. She's a beautiful woman. Her thin pink lips pursed in dislike.

"And this is my son Romulus and my daughter Stella. Your..... your half siblings, I suppose."

I smile at Romulus, who looks up at me with excited eyes. He's the picture of his mother.
The baby, Stella, is also very sweet, smiling up at me.

"Welcome"
Tristan says with a bite in her voice.
She looks me up and down with distaste.
I sigh, seeing that this isn't going to be an easy road.

"Thank you"
I say politely.

I give them all kind smiles and lower myself into a chair by the coffee table.