Chapter 41

Olivia's pov:

I wake up to the sound of a knock on my door at 6:00 am.

I groan, blinking awake, and look sideways to see Jack doing the same in the bed next to me.

"Morning."

When I get up, Jack turns onto his stomach, burrowing back into the pillows.

"Lazy! What? You don't get up to receive your own clothes deliveries in the morning?"

"Clothes deliveries? Your clothes are delivered?"

I open the door and give the housekeeper standing there a smile in thanks, accepting the folded clothes and the white box beneath it.

"You don't get your clothes delivered?"

"No, Olivia! Oh, gross, seriously? He picks your clothes every day?"

"He usually sends me a few outfits, so I can pick which one I like best unless he wants me to wear something specific..... it annoys me yes but it also make my job a lot easier in the morning, I'm standing for hours deciding what wear. Your dad has good taste as well which helps."

"It's so creepy, Olivia."

"Jack, don't be jealous. I can tell him to send you clothes too."

Jack rolls his eyes as he collapses back into bed.

"That's so weird!"

"Okay, Jack."

I clap my hands, making him groan at the noise. I laugh and move to the side of the bed, trying to roll out of bed so he hits the floor, he'll definitely wake up then.

"Jack... Go away. You've stayed your welcome. Leave me alone so I can get change."

"No! I want to sleep! Leave me be! You just get changed - I won't look."

"Get up! I'll see you in twenty minutes at breakfast, now move your lazy ass."

Jack grumbles his assent and climbs out of bed, stretching and yawning.

Then, he blows me a kiss, heading next door to his own room to get ready, pulling my bedroom door shut behind him.

As soon as he closes the door, I move to my wardrobe, my mind made up.

I have no real interest in what Kent had planned for me today.
I have no intention of going to breakfast.

I pull my some of my riding clothes out of the back of my wardrobe, along with my riding boots.
Then I hastily get ready.

I have to get out of this house before anyone sees me.
Today I'm spending time with my horse.

*************

About forty minutes later, I park in a spot closest to the barn door - the one usually left open for Kent. But today, I've decided, it for me.

I give the workers a smile as I walk down the aisle to Heathcliff's stall, beaming when I see my pretty boy.

"Hey, handsome."

I pull a sugar cube from my pocket that I snatched from the espresso bar when I snuck into the kitchen for just one quick coffee.