Chapter 58

Olivia's pov:

I feel everything drain from me. All colour, All life, all breath and joy floods from me as I stare at the little stick in my hands.

"Shit!"

"Fuuuuuuck!"

I gasp in a sudden breath, all of my emotions and thoughts and panic snapping back into place as my mind starts to whirl.

"Oh my god. What are we going to do to d-"

But I don't get a chance to finish my sentence because the bedroom door is pressing open.

And the only person left in this house would come boldly into this room uninvited.

"Give it to me!"

I'm frozen as I watch Kent walk into the bedroom, and then watch him frown a little as he sees movement in the bathroom.

Late - probably too late - I open my hand and let Jack take the test from me, which he quickly whips behind his back.

"What's going on here?"

His eyes fix especially on Jerome, which makes sense - Jack and I have a reason to be here.

"Kent, nothing is going on here."
My voice shakes and I pray he doesn't notice.

"Why are you here?"

He lifts his chin towards Jerome, ignoring me for a moment, though his eyes flick to me once, taking in my rigid form.

"I - I'm just....."

"You're just what?"

"Um-"

Jerome's eyes move fast around the room as if looking for some sort of explanation.
And they land on something on the floor that makes him go pale.

The box that the pregnancy test came in.

Frowning, Kent steps forward, trying to get a better look, but Jack takes a frantic step in his way.

"Stop!"

Kent snarls at his son, glaring at the deliberate opposition, but then he notices that Jack is only using one hand to stop him.

His eyes move swiftly to Jack's elbow, to where his arm disappears behind him.

"What are you hiding?"

Jack and Kent struggle in my bathroom, Kent pulling hard at Jack's arm and Jack working hard to twist away from him.

Jerome takes a step away, coming to my side. Kent yanks hard at Jack's arm, and the test falls from his hand.

The test goes spinning across the floor and we all go still as we stare at it. Kent's the only one who moves.

Kent doesn't touch it, though I watch him freeze as he stares down at it, as he understands.

"Is this yours?"

My heart starts to pound harder when I see the range of emotions cross over his face. Rage, betrayal, fear, confusion, hurt......

Hesitating, but not coming up with anything I can say to hide it, so I nod.

"WHO have you been FUCKING, Olivia!?"

"Hey! Don't scream at her!"
Jack says defensively.

"She's -"

Kent's eyes move to Jerome in a flash.

"It was you, wasn't it?"

"What!? No! I -"
Jerome starts to try and defend himself but Kent cuts him off.