Chapter 80

Olivia's pov:

The next few months pass more quickly than I thought they would.

Kent and I spend pretty much every minute together, which I thought would get on my nerves but.......
Well. We are just perfect together. We get along so well, especially when we're working on a project together like this.

"Did you hear from Janeen? Did she settle in at the casino?"

Kent leans over a printed set of the travel plans to ensure that the plane tickets match up with the false ID's he's acquired.

"She didn't text me back. I'll text her and tell her to get out of whoever's bed she's in."

I groan as I run a hand over my thirty eight week pregnant belly, where the baby has just given my rib a sharp kick.

"You all right?"

"How can I be okay? Your kid is kicking my ribs. And the baby is feeling violent today. Wants to go to Monaco and kick ass with daddy."

"No babies in Monaco."

"Unless Janeen's conceiving one right now."

I sigh, feeling a little bad for her. Over the past couple of months, she's fallen hard for Leo but he has been freezing her out.
He's been a good friend to her, but anything romantic she tries? He shuts it down in a second.

So when I sent her to Monaco a few days ago to start undercover as a cocktail waitress in the casino?

Let's just say that she's been treating it half as work, half as spring break, working out her Leo frustrations with as many monegasques as she can.
And I'm glad she's enjoying herself, even if it's stressing Kent out that she doesn't reply to our texts until 3pm.

Leo, for his part, has been spending most of his time with me and Kent in this room planning, which has kept him away from Janeen's pining.

I wonder if he knows how much she likes him....

Kent and both look up when we hear a tap in the door, and I smile when I see Jack standing there.

"Everything coming together?"
He asks.

"It's all coming together on paper. Which is all well and good until it all goes to shit day-of."

"Stop cursing it, Kent. It's going to go beautifully. Don't get your negative vibes all over the pretty plan."

Kent mutters something, but Jack grins at me and I wrinkle my nose at him.

"What's up, Jack?"
Kent asks, ignoring my last comment.

"Jerome and I are going to town for groceries. We wanted to see if Olivia wanted to come."

"Ohhh! Yes yes yes! Let me just get my bag -"

I dash for the door but Kent puts out a hand, touching me lightly on the arm.

"Olivia, are you sure -"

"You're so worried that I'll go into labor that you won't let me go to town, but you're not so worried that you'll go to Monaco for days?"

"I just think you're safer here. Why risk it? Why risk anything?"

"Because it's not a risk. Kent I haven't left this god for Salem house in weeks - I am dying to see something besides this beautiful house and your beautiful face. Please? Don't be mad at me if I leave for one hour of freedom?"