Chapter 79

Olivia's pov:

The living room falls silent as my eyes are locked on Leo until Kent growls.

"Enough! Before this conversation goes any further, I need to know that you understand what you're signing up for. And what awaits you at the end of the road if you even think about betraying me. Or her. Or Jack, or anyone else in this house."

Slowly, Kent sticks out his hand.

"I understand. I accept it. I'm your man, Kent, I swear it."

Leo smile fades a little as he nods seriously to Kent and slips his hand into his.

"Fine."

Kent quickly lifts his glass of whiskey to his lips and drains it in one swift motion before setting it back on the counter.

He then reaches out for me. I barely have a chance to gasp before I'm up in Kent's arms.

"Kent!"

I burst out laughing as he carries me away towards our bedroom.

"Wow. Guess there's no more secrets in this house."
Jack says, his mouth open in shock.

"Nope! Night everyone! Leave us alone until noon!"
I say, still laughing.

Kent doesn't look back, but I do, noting Leo's satisfied smile as he watches us disappear around the corner.

Jack throws an arm around Jerome's shoulders, tugging him close as he raises his glass of wine in Leo's direction.

"Welcome to the family, Leo. You've met my boyfriend, Jerome."

I gasp a little, wanting to see what happens next, but Kent just kicks the door shut.

"Nooo! I want to see! Leo is going to find out that Janeen is single -"

"As if he doesn't already know. Besides, your sister's love life isn't like a telenovela."

He carries me directly to bed.

"Um, isn't it?"

I pull back and stare up at him like he's crazy. Kent just looks down at me and laughs, coming to the side of our bed.

"Seriously? Because I'll take you back out there if you want - but I'm going to bed. And if I'm alone in here, I'm going to sleep."

"Fine! Take me to bed, Sallow. I'll get my update in the morning."

"As you wish."

He sinks down onto the bed and takes me with him, tucking his face between my neck and my shoulder and pressing a lingering kiss there.

I sigh, running my fingers through his hairs, finally fully content.

"Are you happy, Kent? Did it all go the way you wanted it to?"

"It did. It went well, Olivia. You did your job and I did mine. Now we just have one last thing to do before we can start our life."

"I hate to break this to you, Kent, but our life already started."

"Our peaceful life. Free from crime."

"Let's just hope the crime doesn't follow us. Or I will have to keep being the bad bitch I'm being right now."

This makes him laugh, rolling back on the bed and pulling me with him.

"Do you think Leo is really on our side?"

"I'm as sure as I can be. You can never really be sure. But I meant what I said, Olivia - and he knows that I mean it."

"Well, let's hope you don't have to kill your nephew. That would make family dinners very awkward."