Chapter 87

Olivia's pov:

None of us say anything. I stand...... completely still, not knowing at all what to do.

But Kent acts for both of us. He tightens the arm that is around me, gently pulling me flush against his side.

Claiming me, and our child. Marking me incontrovertibly as his, not as Jack's.

And I raise my chin, refusing to be ashamed. I love this man, I'm proud of our beautiful child.

Alessi murmurs something swift and vivid, tucking his face into his hands as Natalia stares at us open-mouthed in shock.

"So, this is it, then. My wife would have me drop the argument, drop the claim, for the sake of family. But how can I ever trust you? When you have tried to trick me, Olivia Sallow. Tried to pass this child off as one of my line, when it is absolutely nothing to me?"

And Bianci laughs then, a dark chuckle that clearly lets me know he's won.

I glare at the mafia boss.

"I did what I had to do. I was thrown into this world and falling in love with Kent wasn't in my plan...... or his."

I grab Kent's hand and look him in the eyes.

"But we fell in love."

Then I look back at Bianci.

"And we knew we couldn't make it public. Would you have accepted my relationship with Kent?"

"Of course not! You're my grandsons wife!"

"And that's why we did what we did."

Jack then takes a step forward.

"We were desperate, nonno. It's my fault, it was my idea -"

Bianci just presses his lips together, waving a dismissive hand at Jack.

"No one believes that you thought of this, Jack."
Bianci turns his gaze back to me.
"It's all this grasping little girl, isn't it? Trying to get her claws into the Bianci family - to see what she can do."

He bends over a little, peering into my eyes like he's trying to figure me out.

"Your family is not that important Bianci. At least not for me. I wish Kent and Jack weren't part of your mafia family."

Bianci's expression shifts, taken aback by my words, before a cynical smile curves his lips.

"What is it you have planned, Olivia? What do you really want? Were you trying to take Leo out of this family so that your boy can be my heir? Hmm?"

Something in the way he stares at me like I'm a cunning little toy makes me stand up straighter.

"I want what was offered, Bianci. I want Kent and Leo out. Nothing more, nothing less. I want Kent out so that my child is never any closer to this business than he already is. And yes, I played every card available to me to get that, as well as putting everything I have on the table for you. I'd do it all again."

He smirks a little, I think appreciating my spirit.

"This is why I don't do business with women. You lie, and you cheat, and you scrabble - but in the end, you are sloppy."

That sets my anger off even more, but Kent jumps in before me.

"Enough! The deal stands, Bianci, if you'll take it. We want nothing more than what we've offered - and you've already made Olivia pay through the teeth of it."