eternity devil; 2

❞⁀➷♡'ˎ˗"at this distance, she is even more enchanting

❞⁀➷♡'ˎ˗
"at this distance, she is even more enchanting."

you move the twinblade, splitting the atoms in the center of the blades handle till you're holding two swords rather than one. "hey, kid..." mirko starts, offering you a glance. you return it, nodding. "this is the devil they were talking about." she scoffs, laughing dryly. "so i see..." she mutters, crouching again. you stab a katana into the floor, matter traveling through the cracks in the ground till it forms a wall of black. it blocks the onslaught of glass sent forward by the devil. "chatter... chatter...! less talking, more fighting! bare your fangs, brandish your claws!" it cries, it's tonal shift becoming more hostile by the second. "impatient, too." she notes. suddenly, she bounces. you take the chance to shift the trajectory of your wall.

it curls over your head, offering a platform for her to kick off of. while she leaps forward, you collapse the wall and follow behind her, holding off any glass attacks from her flank. "you know, kid--" she delivers a swift kick to the glass, but it only shatters into smaller pieces and recollects itself in a similar formation to before, the reflection of the glass becoming less and less clear. "i don't really know much about this. you'll have to lead the charge on this one. can ya handle that?" she asks, and you nod despite knowing she can't see it. "focus on disassembling the vessel for now. it's not it's true form. this is just bait, so don't waste too much energy. it wouldn't show itself if it wasn't either confident it'd win, or if this wasn't it's true form." you explain, and she nods. "got it."

"she's right, though..." a familiar power floods the liminal space, and suddenly the devil is reduced to specks of glass so small they couldn't hope to reform. "i wouldn't concern yourselves with menial tasks." you turn to face forward, mirko taking on a defensive stance while your eyes can merely widen in surprise.

purple hair, purple eyes... and that familiar sword, a long odachi tucked into a white scabbard. "it's you..." you mumble, and she stares at you with a indiscernible gaze. "we meet again," she pauses to say your name, but trails off when she realizes she doesn't know it. "i'm sorry, what was your name?" she asks. "y/n." you reply simply, and she nods. mirko seems to relax at the familiarity between the two of you, although she seems confused.

"miss y/n," she speaks, stepping closer to you. for some reason, a thought crosses through your mind briefly. at this distance, she is even more enchanting. "the frequency at which you seem to find yourself in trouble is concerningly high." although it's phrased quite seriously, you sense a bit of teasing to her tone. you scoff, turning away from her with a pout. "it's not my fault, really." she lets out a soft sigh that seems like a laugh, perhaps it's not something she does frequently. "so it seems."

there's a brief period of silence, and mei glances to mirko. "oh, that's right! m-" before you can even utter the single syllable that is her name, which only just came to you when you saw her. for whatever reason, you struggle to recall her existence when she isn't standing right infront of your face. "acheron, it's acheron." she cuts in suddenly, and you tilt your head. regardless, you correct yourself. "acheron, this is my teacher mirko." mei-- or rather, acheron, nods her head in understanding. she offers mirko a polite bow. "it may seem strange to you both, my arrival that is." she starts. "however, the veil between spaces created by devils and hell itself are quite thin. and i'm sure you know this, but your scent is not a hard one to follow." she says, before glancing at you. you nod, laughing nervously as you scratch the back of your neck.