Untitled Part 60

A/N: I'm sorry I have been so busy with school and haven't been writing; I hope the extra-long chapters will make up for it!

The cool light of dawn filtered through the Slytherin dormitory as Y/N stirred awake, the remnants of her unsettling dream still echoing in her mind. She sat up slowly, the plush blankets pooling around her waist. The castle was silent, save for the distant sound of the great clock chiming. With a sigh, she swung her legs over the side of the bed and felt the chill of the stone floor against her feet.

After a quick shower, she brushed her hair and splashed water on her face, the briskness helping to clear her mind. She chose her school uniform with care, slipping into the green and silver robes that made her feel both a sense of pride and trepidation. The familiar fabric hugged her shoulders as she tied her tie with practiced ease.

"Let's hope today is better," she murmured to herself, glancing in the mirror one last time.

As Y/N made her way through the bustling corridors of Hogwarts, the portraits lining the walls greeted her with a mix of chatter and scolding. She smiled at a few of the portraits, their familiar faces offering her a moment of comfort. When she entered the Great Hall, the scent of breakfast wafted toward her, mingling with the excited chatter of students already gathered at their tables.

She spotted Hermione, Harry, and Ron at the Gryffindor table, their faces alight with laughter. Taking a deep breath, Y/N joined them, sliding into a seat beside Hermione. The warmth of their friendship was a welcome relief from the shadows of her earlier thoughts.

"Morning, Y/N!" Harry said, grinning as he passed her a plate of bacon.

"Morning! Thanks," she replied, returning his smile as she filled her plate. Ron was already digging into a mound of scrambled eggs, oblivious to the world around him.

"I hope you're ready for Defense Against the Dark Arts today," Hermione said, her tone a mix of eagerness and anxiety. "I heard Snape is filling in for Lupin."

"Just our luck," Y/N muttered, though a knot of apprehension twisted in her stomach. She couldn't shake the memory of Draco's wounded expression from the previous day.

As they finished breakfast, Hermione busily reviewed her notes, and Y/N couldn't help but feel a sense of camaraderie. They walked to class together, the hallways alive with the sounds of students preparing for the day.

Arriving at the Defense Against the Dark Arts classroom, they took their seats, and Y/N noticed Draco sitting at the back, his mood as dark as the clouds looming outside. She exchanged a quick glance with him, a mixture of concern and longing flooding her chest. He looked away, and Y/N's heart sank.

The classroom buzzed with anticipation as Snape swept in, his robes billowing like storm clouds. The atmosphere shifted immediately, a hush falling over the students. Y/N sat up straighter, knowing that today would be challenging.

"Turn to page 394," Snape commanded, his voice cutting through the silence. Students shuffled through their books, and Y/N caught Hermione's eye, exchanging a look of determination.

As the class turned their pages, Y/N noticed Malfoy scrawling something furiously on a piece of parchment. He crumpled it in his hands and, with a flick of his wrist, a moth fluttered from his palms and flew around the room. The class exchanged glances, a mix of curiosity and suspicion evident in their eyes.

"Excuse me, sir, but... where's Professor Lupin?" Harry asked, breaking the tension.

"That's not really your concern, is it, Potter?" Snape replied sharply. "Suffice it to say, your Professor finds himself incapacitated at present."