Sleepyhead

Evi:
I wake up the next morning in Kim's bedroom and see that both Kim and Alicia are already downstairs. I sit myself up a little from the mattress on the floor and crawl off. I can't believe I slept on this thing for so long.
I stumble out of the room with small eyes and walk straight to the living room.
Alicia and Kim are sitting at the kitchen table and both look at me when they hear me come in.
"Morning, sleepyhead."
"Morning." I say and I sit down on a chair and rest my head in my hands.
"Coffee?" Alicia asks and before I can answer the cup is already in front of me.
"Thanks."
I take a small sip of the hot coffee and try to open my eyes a little wider.
"When did you guys wake up?"
"A while ago. Would you like something to eat?" Kim looks at me questioningly and I nod.
"After my coffee."
I take another sip and then turn my head to Alicia. “I'm a little surprised you slept here.”
She looks at me with a grin and immediately knows what I mean. “You don't need a bed to have sex.”
"Evi will experience that when Bill is back." Kim teases me.
I roll my eyes and a laugh escapes my mouth. "Doesn't seem very practical to me." I think out loud. Kim and Alicia briefly exchange a look and both burst into laughter.

After some extra coffee and food we decided to go to the mall together. Next week there will be some kind of gala party in the club and that of course requires a new outfit!
We visited some shops and eventually all three of us found the perfect outfit.
"Shouldn't we find something to eat?" Alicia looks at us.
"According to Bill, there's a good Italian not far from here."
"There is indeed a good Italian." Kim confirms and I look at her in surprise.
"I went there with my parents." Kim says quickly and I nod.
"Then let's go there!" Alicia hooks her arms with ours and we walk towards the Italian.

We sit at a table at the terrace, so that we can enjoy the sun a little longer. We ordered a bottle of red wine and are waiting for our food to arrive.
“Will you put that phone away now?" I say to Kim, slightly irritated. "Who's so important?"
She locks her phone and puts it in her bag.
"No one." She says and shakes her head.
Immediately after, a plate of pasta is placed in front of me.
When we all have our food we start eating.
"Looks good!" Alicia says enthusiastically and immediately puts a large bite in her mouth.

We just finished eating when my phone makes a buzzing sound. I take it out of my bag and see that I have a message from Bill.

Bill: Skype? xx
Evi: I'm in the city with Kim and Alicia. Later? xx
Bill: I only have half an hour, tomorrow? xx

"Who's so important?" Kim takes me on my own words and I briefly look up from my phone.
"Bill.." I say as I start typing again.

Evi: Okay, tomorrow! I miss you xx

I put my phone down on the table and sigh deeply.
“He wanted to Skype.”
"You can Skype later, right?"
"He only had time right now." A bitter feeling comes over me and I bite my lower lip softly.
"We're going to Skype tomorrow." I sigh away the bad feeling and take a big sip of wine. I never thought that the distance would be so hard and I'm starting to regret not accepting his offer to come visit him.
“Alicia?” I look at her and she looks back questioningly. “Could you take over some shifts next week?” I look at her with a pained expression. “I promise I'll take some off yours after!” I add.
"I actually have a week off next week."
"I know.." I look at her with a pained face. "I'd like to go see Bill. He has two days off next week."
She looks at me with a big smile and then nods. "Okay, I'll take over your shifts."
"Omg! You're amazing!" I scream and almost fly over the table to throw my arms around her.
"Now I just have to figure out how to get to him."
“Where will they be next week?” Alicia looks at me questioningly.
"The Netherlands. And Belgium after that."
"Ideal, right?" Kim says. "Can't you go there by train?"
"I think so. But it's a shame the concert is sold out."
Both Kim and Alicia look at me uncomprehendingly.
"Otherwise I could surprise him after the concert."
Alicia and Kim exchange a look and then look in my direction.
"Can't you just ask Tom if he can arrange something?"
I look hesitant for a moment and take my phone in my hands. I open Tom's messages and start typing.

Evi: Tom, can you get me a ticket for the concert in the Netherlands? Don't say anything to Bill, I want to surprise him!

I continue to stare at the screen for a moment and then realize that Tom is probably too busy to answer right now.
I put my phone down next to my plate and look at Kim and Alicia with a big smile.
Far too often I find myself staring at my phone, waiting for an answer from Tom, so much that Alicia and Kim are a little annoyed.

To reduce the tension, we went to Kim's house to look at train tickets.
"Isn't it faster by car?" Alicia ask.
"I do not have a car." I sigh.
"I have a car." Kim looks at me with raised eyebrows. "I can take you?”
I look at her confused. "All the way to the Netherlands?"
"How else are you going to get to the venue? It is nowhere near the station, you will be on the road for hours. And I have nothing else to do." She shrugs indifferently.
I think for a moment and look at her questioningly. "Are you sure-"
"Yes, Evi. I'm sure." Kim interrupts me.
"Okay, then I'll text Tom to make it two tickets."
I quickly send a message to Tom and put my phone on the table next to me.
"How difficult can it be to reply to a message." I say, slightly irritated.