Milktea Shop

Taylor is a family friend you're "hooking up" (dating) with.

"Mommy — ohh, stop, stop, tumatawag si Dad*¹," you pant out, clutching Taylor's wrist tightly to get her to stop thrusting.

Your other hand fumbles with your phone, which is ringing endlessly with your father's name on the screen. You quickly answer and put it on speaker.

"Pa, ano 'yun*²?" you ask your father, trying to keep your voice steady.

Taylor slowly moves up your body and rests her head on your chest, setting soft and silent kisses upon your collarbone.

Your dad's deep voice crackles through your phone speaker, "'Nak, nas'an ka*³?"

You panic for a second before answering, "Nasa milktea shop lang, Pa*⁴."

"Aling milktea shop, Y/N*⁵?" he asks, obviously catching onto your evident lie.

"Yung bagong bukas sa may kanto*⁶," you stammer, hoping to sound convincing. Taylor's lips curl into a teasing smile against your skin, her fingers tracing lazy patterns on your stomach.

"Talaga? Kasi nakita kitang lumabas ng bahay ni Taylor kanina*⁷," your father counters, his voice stern but with a hint of concern.

Your heart races as you scramble for a plausible excuse. "Ah, Pa, nagpasabay lang ako kay Taylor*⁸. She's just dropping me off here," you lie, hoping your voice doesn't betray your nervousness.

Taylor's eyes meet yours, amusement dancing in them. She moves up to your ear and whispers, "Relax, I've got you." She then raises her voice just enough for your father to hear, "Hi, Tito*⁹! Sorry, I was just helping Y/N with something."

There's a pause on the other end of the line before your father speaks again, this time more gently. "Alright, just be careful, okay? Come home soon."

You exhale a sigh of relief. "Yes, Pa. I'll be home soon. Love you."

"Love you too, 'nak," he replies before the line goes dead.

You toss your phone aside, and Taylor's laughter fills the car. "You're getting better at this," she teases, her fingers continuing their playful dance on your skin.

You whine teasingly, nuzzling into her hair. "What if mahuli tayo*¹⁰?"

"Babe," she whispers, pressing a kiss to your cheek. "'Wag ka naman masyadong maalahanin*¹¹."

"Easy for you to say," you chuckle. "Hindi ikaw 'yung feeling buong buhay nasa linya*¹²."

Taylor laughs and leans in closer, her warmth making you forget about the earlier panic. "Well, if you really want to worry about something, let's plan our escape route for next time," she suggests playfully, her fingers still tracing light patterns on your skin.

You laugh along with her, shaking your head. "You and your escape plans," you tease. "But seriously, thanks for covering for me."

She gives you a mischievous smile. "Anytime. Besides, it’s kind of fun being a little sneaky every now and then."

You nod, feeling more relaxed. "Yeah, it is. But let's keep it to a minimum, okay?"

Taylor grins and kisses your cheek again. "Deal."

*¹"Dad is calling."
*²"Dad, what is it?"
*³"Where are you?"
∆ "'nak" (anak = child) is a term of endearment here, usually from parents to their kids
*⁴"At the milktea shop, Dad."
*⁵"Which milktea shop, Y/N?"
*⁶"The one on the corner that just opened up."
*⁷"Really? 'Cause I saw you leave Taylor's house a while ago."
*⁸"Oh, Dad, I just came along with Taylor."
*⁹Uncle
*¹⁰" . . . we get caught?"
*¹¹"Don't worry so much."
*¹²"You're not the one feeling like your whole life is on the line."