31.

I looked at Beomgyu carefully, trying to understand if the conversation with Taehyun really had no effect on him, or if he was just that good of a liar. In the meantime, I also tried to devote a lot of time to Wooyoung so that at the end of our date he wouldn't feel like he wasted time. The conversation with Soobin and his sudden confession came back to me as soon as the conversation died down, so I tried not to let that happen.

"How many ex-partners do you have?" Playing twenty questions was probably my wisest decision today, but at the same time I was starting to regret it a little because the questions were becoming more and more personal.

"Three. Have you ever had your heart broken?"

"No, I've never been truly in love before, have you? Did you treat your previous relationships as something fleeting or did you really suffer after the breakup and now you can say with a clear conscience that you loved these people?" I looked away, trying to find out the answer to this question myself. For a moment, my eyes met Gyu's, but as soon as he quickly looked away, I immediately knew that he wasn't as well as he tried to present himself to others.

"The first two, although the breakup hurt like hell, I treated them as something fleeting and I didn't think I could spend the rest of my life with them. Last relationship... Let's just say it was starting to get serious."

"It's about Soobin, isn't it? I may not be interested in what's going on at school, but you two have been the main focus of the school for a long time, mainly due to the fact that before your sudden relationship, you were at each other's throats at the first opportunity."

"It's my turn to ask the question." I tried to change the subject, feeling uncomfortable. I shifted in my chair, and Wooyoung, perhaps in a sudden burst of courage, grabbed my hand and squeezed it lightly.

"I know it's difficult to talk about such topics, especially when it's new, but if you need to vent to someone who will look at everything objectively, you can always contact me. We will probably both agree that there will be no relationship beetwen us. You clearly still love Soobin, but I'd like to be your friend. If you let me, of course."

"I'm sorry I wasted your time." I said quietly, but Woo laughed, waving his free hand.

"Stop it, I'm having a great time there. I'd probably be sitting at home eating unhealthy food anyway, and at least I can make a new friend. That's a win-win for me."

"How come you still don't have anyone if you're so cute?" I asked seriously and Woo chuckled again, shaking his head. "I'm asking completely seriously. And as compensation, I can introduce you to my friend. I promise that in his case there will be no ex getting in your way."

"Does this mysterious friend of yours have a name?"

"San. He's my age, so it's only a year apart between you two."

"San?" He repeated, frowning. "Isn't he in our school band?"

"Yeah, he plays guitar and is the lead singer."

"He's quite a hottie." Wooyoung bit his lip, smiling widely. "If you get me his number, I'll be happy to help you make Bin jealous so he finally understands who he's lost. I know it's not nice to eavesdrop, but I've heard him talking to Taehyun about you more than once and believe me, he's obsessed with you. It's impossible for him to get over you so quickly. Unless he cheated on you... Then I'll definitely help you, but forget about him!"

"No, don't worry, we didn't break up because of the cheating. And... I think Soobin has already realized his mistake. I just don't know if I'm ready to forget everything so easily."

"Then give him a second chance, but don't make anything easier for him. There is no wonderful, sweet relationship right away, let him try for you from the beginning. You have plenty of other options, let him understand that." Woo winked at me and I smiled genuinely and broadly for the first time today.

"I think I'm starting to love you more and more and I have a feeling we'll really get along because that's exactly the advice I would give to someone in the same situation!"

"Let's have a drink for Soobin and San, who won't have it easy when they're finally with us, huh?"

"You're very confident in thinking that San will be your future boyfriend."

"And did you know me at all? Who would refuse me, right?" Wooyoung raised an eyebrow and I had to agree with him. He was really handsome and I would kill for his figure. But I couldn't tell him that because his ego was already inflated enough. So I didn't comment on his words, I just raised my glass and let it collide with his.

"Sorry, but I have to go." Beomgyu announced suddenly, standing up. Yunho immediately did the same, and I felt terribly sorry for him, because he clearly got involved in something that had no chance of happening.

"Shall I walk you home?"

"No, you don't have to. Yeonjun will do it, right? After all, you're sleeping at my place tonight anyway, right?"

"Mhm." I grunted in response, even though we hadn't agreed on anything like that before. I finished my drink and stood up. We said goodbye to everyone and after exchanging phone numbers with Woo, I allowed Gyu to drag me towards his house. We walked in silence for a long time, holding hands and giving silent support that spoke more than a thousand words. I glanced at my friend every now and then, but he pretended not to notice. But finally he sighed.

"Did your conversation with Soobin go as hard as mine?"

"I don't know." I admitted it honestly. "Depends on what you and Tae talked about and whether you came to some sort of agreement."

"Tae wants to come back to me. Or maybe more importantly, he wants us to finally become an official couple. He promised that he will no longer draw hasty conclusions, he will talk to me first, and then together we will come to some solution to this difficult situation. Just... Can I believe him? Admit it, he behaved worse than a child. Immediately finding someone else, ignoring me... "

"Soobin wants us to get back together too. He told me... He said..." I couldn't finish, even though I had done it many times in my mind. His confession kept ringing in my head, refusing to be forgotten.

"He said he loved you?" Gyu guessed right away and I nodded. "Taehyun told me the same thing. What are you going to do?"

"You know very well that I also feel something for him, I honestly admit that before all this I was starting to fall in love, but this whole situation has clipped my wings a bit. Wooyoung gave me good advice, so maybe you would like to follow it as well?"

"And are you sure this is good advice? Because I know Woo a little and he's quite a chaotic person." Gyu stated skeptically and I laughed.

"When we get to your place, we'll grab some ice cream and talk about it all, okay? Together we'll definitely come up with a great idea that's beneficial for us."

"I like this idea." Gyu smiled broadly, shaking my hand, and I felt that everything must really be okay now.

###
Hello there. How are you today? There are four chapters and an epilogue left to the end of this story, is anyone excited or are you sad? Personally, I have mixed feelings and I don't know which ones prevail. Regarding the new story, it will feature other idols from Enhypen, Stray Kids and Ateez. I can reveal that there will be ships such as chanlix, hyunin, sunsun and woosan and many others that I won't reveal now (for those who don't like them, I'm sorry, I promise to improve in the future 😂).
Have a good day, darlings 💙