22.

I hissed in pain, trying to pull away. The man placed one hand on my hip and the other on the back of my neck, holding me in place. I unconsciously surrendered to the warmth flooding me and found myself moving my lips to meet his. I tangled my hands in his hair, pulled it hard and pushed him forward until he finally landed on the bed. I sat on his hips and moved my mouth to his neck, leaving a large purple mark there that would surely stay for a few days.

Now try going on your later date with Yunjin without thinking about me, you idiot.

I thought, smiling to myself. While changing positions, I accidentally brushed my butt against Soobin's growing manhood, and he groaned loudly, holding my hips to prevent me from making another move.

"Don't start something you can't finish, baby." He whispered, his voice deeper than usual. A shiver ran down my spine. Without thinking, I connected our lips again, deciding to start worrying about the consequences of our actions tomorrow. After all... Our relationship was already complicated, so it couldn't get any more complicated, right?

Over time, our kiss slowed down. It stopped being violent and started being more sensitive. Just a simple brush of lips, but it gave me a strange feeling in my stomach that I simply didn't want to interpret. I finally got up, but I didn't get off him. I saw a lot of tenderness in Soobin's eyes and...

"Why are you looking at me like that?" The blonde asked suddenly, pulling me out of my thoughts that were definitely going in the wrong direction. There's no way he has any real feelings for me. It was an ordinary contract that was about to end.

"I wonder what's on your mind. Why did you kiss me again? I thought you wanted to talk."

"Because I wanted to. I-I mean, I still want to." He stuttered as I shifted uncomfortably, sitting higher on his stomach. I placed my hands on his chest to keep from falling.

"Then I'm listening."

"Could you get off me first, please?"

"Why? Am I heavy?" I asked, pouting my lip. The man immediately shook his head, panicked.

"No, of course not." He assured. "It's just…" He stopped for a moment, his cheeks turning red. He looked away at the wall. "I can not concentrate."

"Oh?" I raised an eyebrow and laughed briefly. For a moment I felt like teasing him, but eventually I actually slid down next to him and let him pull up into a sitting position. The man ran his fingers through his hair and I bit my lip because it looked so sexy.

"Your sudden reconciliation with Sunwo isn't a result of your desire to bash me for arranging a meeting with Yunjin?"

"And you're still with your nonsense that it's just a meeting and not a date?" I rolled my eyes. "And no. I made peace with him because I felt that way. I really don't blame him. He made a mistake, he suffered the consequences and that's it, let everyone move on with their lives."

"Did he suffer any consequences? What were they? He didn't get expelled from school, he didn't go to jail and he didn't lose the hand he touched you with."

"God, Soobin!" I screamed, punching his arm. "But everyone looked at him unfavorably and he didn't really have a life in this town anymore. Come on, he hurt me, not you, so why are you so angry?"

"Because..." Just as quickly as he started speaking, he stopped. He looked briefly into my eyes and ran his hand through his hair again. He sat in silence for a moment and finally sighed heavily. "You are my friend. If someone treats you badly, I will always defend you."

"Thank you, Bin, but I'm not that easy to break. I'm grateful for what you did, but I wouldn't want you to do something this extreme ever again, okay? Or ask me first if it's okay. Then we'll come up with a plan of action together and you won't have to endure such shame in front of your parents."

"And next time, talk to me first before you immediately involve our parents in this."

"Okay." I nodded, smiling broadly. Soobin returned the gesture, but his face turned serious when I asked. "And what did your mother mean when she said that my topic had been going on in your house for years? Did you love me that much even then?" I moved my eyebrows, lifting the corners of my mouth. The man rolled his eyes, crossing his arms over his chest.

"I couldn't help but tell them what a shitty life you had. You made a laughing stock of yourself every day, and my parents loved hearing about your daily mishaps."

"It hurts." I stated, pouting my lip. I got out of bed and saw panic in Soobin's eyes. He jumped up, grabbed my waist and stopped me. Our faces were close again, making me blush uncontrollably.

"I was just kidding, baby. Why do you think mom said you were sweeter than I said? I only talked about you in positive terms. I guess you told your parents too, since they weren't chasing me with a flip-flop in their hands. I guess all your hatred wasn't entirely true after all, huh?" It was supposed to be a question, but before I could answer, his lips touched mine again.

"Be careful, you'll get addicted."

"It's too late for that." I wanted to respond with something mean, but I preferred to focus on his kiss. I ran my hands through his hair and he smiled.

"Soobin! Let's go! We have to get going." I moved away from him abruptly, almost falling over. I grabbed my heart because I felt it was beating way too hard.

"Careful, honey." Soobin said, but before he could touch me again, I managed to run away. I needed space now because I felt that something bad was happening to me.

"I'll walk you downstairs." Without giving him a chance to protest, I opened the door and went out into the corridor first, immediately going down the stairs next.

"It was very nice to meet you, Yeonjun. I hope you will visit us often."

"Of course." I smiled and hugged both Soobin's mom and his dad. He didn't talk much today, but I could have sworn he was smirking as he studied his son's neck. I blushed, looking away. Soobin's parents went first and he stopped for a moment.

"Do you want to meet tomorrow? We could go to the cinema or for ice cream?" He scratched the back of his neck nervously.

"Maybe Monday? I already have an appointment."

"With whom?" He frowned and I laughed briefly.

"With Beomgyu. A new movie with our favorite actor is out and we can't miss it." Soobin nodded, visibly relaxing. "Have a nice date today. I hope we don't meet by accident."

"What do you mean by that?"

"You didn't think I'd be staying at home all this time, did you? Felix asked me if I'd like to meet him today, and since I had no plans, I agreed." I stated innocently, shrugging.

"Felix? The same one who has been asking for a date every day for half a year and you refused him?"

"Yeah."

“Yeonjun…” He muttered warningly.

"Bye, Soobin. Don't do anything I wouldn't do." I waved cheerfully and closed the door in his face, smiling confidently.

The game is on, Soobin. And I have no intention of losing.

###
I'm so glad this story has gained more attention lately. Every time I see that you added it to your reading list, gave it a star or wrote a comment, I squeal and get excited, it definitely encourages me to continue writing. So, thank you all 💙
What do you think about this chapter? Is Yeonjun doing the right thing by taking revenge for Soobin going out with his "friend"?