191-200

Chapter 191: Letter from Far Away Chapter 191: Letter from Far Away
Aunt Zhong was just joking and wanted to take the opportunity to praise Gu Jinyao, but she didn't expect that Gu Jinyao made her a bowl of steamed pork with rice flour when she left.
Oh, how can this be so embarrassing? The meat and dishes all cost money.

Gu Jinyao told her not to be polite. They would live here from now on and as neighbors, they would have to look after each other. If she refused the meat and vegetables, it would be awkward.

Gu Jinyao was right. A close neighbor is worse than a distant relative. Plus, the city is not as peaceful as the countryside. So you should build good relationships with the people nearby when you have the chance. You never know when you might need their help.

After hearing what she said, Aunt Zhong was no longer polite and told Gu Jinyao to come to her if she had any problems in the future. She had nothing to do anyway and was usually at home taking care of her grandson, so she was very free.

During lunch, everyone looked at the table full of dishes and naturally praised them.

Although the food in the restaurant is usually delicious and fragrant, it is still lacking something compared to what Gu Jinyao cooks.

It’s hard to describe the feeling, but it’s a little different.

In fact, the staff meals in the store usually use oil added with magic water. The only difference is that Gu Jinyao’s cooking skills have improved.

It was not in vain that Gu Jinyao learned from Guo Kun for so long. He made great progress in knife skills, heat control, and taste.

No longer a layman.

After dinner, Ji Shaobei and others sat in the yard to bask in the sun and talk.

Hearing that Song Shiguang was engaged, Shang Hongyuan sighed and congratulated him.

When he was in the army, Song Shiguang was a soldier under Shang Hongyuan.

Song Shiguang's smile was a little unnatural and he nodded lightly.

Shang Hongyuan was unhappy when he saw him like this, "Don't be two-faced, you're engaged to a girl, you should be a man and take responsibility."

Shang Hongyuan has just observed Meng Xia. She is tall and good-looking. She is very hardworking and busy since she came back. I heard that she was a teacher before.

What's wrong with such a person? How much worse can he be than that Li Qiao?
This kid just doesn't know how to appreciate the blessings he has.

Although he has retired from the army now, Song Shiguang still has an instinctive fear of Shang Hongyuan.

He quickly explained: "No, I have let go of those things in the past."

Shang Hongyuan: "That's good. We are no longer in that circle. You have to let it go even if you don't want to."

Song Shiguang remained silent.

After chatting for a while, Shang Hongyuan and Chong Dayu prepared to leave as they had to go to work in the afternoon.

Ji Shaobei's workplace was nearby, so he sent them out first. Then he said something to Gu Jinyao and planned to go to work, but was stopped by Song Shiguang.

"Brother Bei, Li Qiao wrote to me not long ago and asked me for your address. I told her where you work."

Ji Shaobei frowned, "Didn't I tell you not to disclose my information to them? This kind of thing won't happen again. I've quit and I don't want to have any contact with the people from the past."