221-230

Chapter 221: Haggard Chapter 221: Haggard
Ji Shaobei's results came out, and he planned to take his wife and three children back to the village at the weekend.
In order to go back and announce the good news, I also have to check on the situation at home and see Gu Ping.

Gu Jinyao didn't want to go back so soon and wanted to wait until the man got the admission letter before leaving.

Ji Shaobei told her not to worry, he had already made arrangements, and his letter would be kept by old man Lin for the time being.

He was the number one in the province, with a score much higher than the admission score, but he was still afraid that he would not be able to go to university.

On the day he was about to leave, Gu Jinyao went to the mall and bought a big bag of candies. They were all the best and rarest, and were only available in the city.

It was hot and getting dark late, so the sun had not yet set when the family returned to town.

There is no market today, but there are boats available on the river.

The boatman has made seeing passengers off a daily business, but when there is no market day, there are fewer people and the fee is half the price, so he can take two for one.

Ji Shaobei and his crew were in a hurry to go back, so they chartered a boat and told the master not to wait and to leave quickly.

The master was very happy to take the money and was about to leave when two more people came up on the bridge and asked him to wait a moment.

The boats all go to Dayang Village. Generally, when encountering this situation, the master will wait for people, because it is the same people coming and going, and many of them are acquaintances.

Pick up the people and then refund some of the money to the person who chartered the boat.

Everyone was already on the bridge, so no matter how urgent it was, there was no reason to just drive away. What Gu Jinyao and the others didn't expect was that the people who came were none other than the second branch of the Gu family, Liu Xiaoli and her husband.

How come these two people stayed in town so late?

Gu Jinyao thought that the two of them should be watching over the shop and watching the business. Although the second wife's noodle shop was not doing well in the town, the shop had always been open. After all, there was no rent and labor costs, and they could make a profit from every bowl of noodles sold, so they could continue to operate.

Gu Jinyao has been living in the city recently and hasn't seen Liu Xiaoli for a long time.

Liu Xiaoli looks much more haggard than at the beginning of the year, with even white hair. I don’t know if it’s because she hasn’t been sleeping well recently, but she has dark circles under her eyes and her complexion doesn’t look good.

Gu Yongjun is still the same, not really in charge of things, and looks much better than Liu Xiaoli.

They were cousins with a blood relationship, but when they met, no one spoke or greeted each other, and each sat at different ends of the boat.

Gu Jinyao thought that this situation would continue until they got off the boat, but unexpectedly, Liu Xiaoli suddenly spoke just after the boat left the shore, and she went to talk to Ji Shaobei again.

She smiled and said, "Ji Shaobei, I heard that you also took the college entrance examination this year. How was it? Did you pass?"

Ji Shaobei glanced at her and said, "Yeah."

What does "hmm" mean? Did you participate or pass the exam?
Liu Xiaoli asked again, "Did he pass the exam? You don't know, my son-in-law also took the college entrance examination this year, not only did he pass, but he was also very outstanding, and applied to the best university in South City, and his score was high enough. Oh, I never thought that my family would also have a college student. This made the old couple of the Lu family very happy, and they invited a chef to hold a banquet at home to celebrate today. You guys, you came back late, otherwise you could have been happy together."