1-10

Chapter 1 Back to 1980 Chapter 1 Back to 1980
Gu Jinyao lived his life in confusion.
She couldn't figure out what was wrong with her. She had a good hand but she played it so badly.

On the night she froze to death, Gu Jinyao met Gu Liuying.

The little cousin who followed her around when she was young is now the wife of Lu Zhen, the richest man in Pingcheng, the big boss behind Xian Yaozhai, and the golden phoenix that flew out of the valley in Dayang Village.

Gu Jinyao didn't know what he was thinking at the time. Seeing her looking down at him, he suddenly asked, "Growing up in the same courtyard, why are you so lucky?"

Her life was happy and perfect, but she became disfigured and sick, wandered for several years, and finally froze to death under an overpass.

What did Gu Liuying say at that time.

She said: "Because I am a book traveler, and I have taken away your heroine's halo."

Travel through the book, the heroine’s halo!
These two words were like a curse, tormenting every nerve of Gu Jinyao. When she was dying, she suddenly realized that she was living in a book.

It seemed like a long time had passed, or maybe it was only a moment.

Gu Jinyao was awakened by some noises.

"Comrade, two tickets to West City."

"That's three dollars and sixty-two cents."

"Click, click." It's the sound of the stamp stamping on the hard cardboard train ticket.

Gu Jinyao's arm was pulled by someone, and she was taken away from the ticket window.

With light steps, Gu Jinyao's vision gradually became clear from chaos.

In the 1970s and 1980s, portraits of great men and big red slogans were still hung on the walls of train stations.

When a group of pedestrians wearing gray, blue and green cloth clothes walked past her, Gu Jinyao heard them speaking their hometown dialect which she had not heard for many years.

At the door of the grocery store not far away, there were customers buying buns.

The steamer was opened, and the hot steam spread out. Gu Jinyao smelled the sweetness of the cabbage and the aroma of the flour.

Those sounds, smells, and the people who occasionally walked past her made this world clear, vivid, and extremely real.

When all this appeared before his eyes, Gu Jinyao broke out in a cold sweat.

In this book, wasn't she already dead? Why did she come back to life?

Her memories came back to her, and everything from her previous life surged through her mind like a tide.

Her parents divorced when she was young, and her father died in an accident when she was five years old. She lost both her parents in her childhood and was raised by her grandfather.

Before the age of seventeen, Gu Jinyao was sensible, generous, kind-hearted, diligent and efficient in her work. She also had a fiancé who worked in the town office. Everyone in the village envied and praised her.

After the age of seventeen, she inexplicably became vicious, narrow-minded, and would do anything to achieve her goals.

She began to hate her cousin Gu Liuying for no reason, trying to trip her up and ruin her reputation, but in the end, she ended up being the one being schemed against.

In just one year, her marriage was taken away by Gu Liuying. She had a very bad reputation and was avoided by everyone. She was as stupid as a pig and went further and further down the path of being a vicious female supporting role.