join us {58}

~

Scared, like he's in a nightmare. His jaw is clenched, his eyes widened, his complexion flushed. You rub his back softly in concern.

"And I hear you are Jotaro, correct?" Dion says to him with a grin. They are nearly the same height, Dion a tad shorter. Jotaro nods a little.

"Yes." He answers shortly. Dion holds his hand out to him.

"Nice to meet you." He says, the grin never leaving his face. Jotaro's hand slowly lifts, meeting Dion's in a handshake.

"Tough kid, I can tell." Dion smiles a bit more, with teeth this time. Jotaro swallows as the handshake continues. Dion breaks it off and places his hands on his hips.

"Alright, we're gonna go inside now." You say softly and tug Jotaro's arm. Your father nods.

"Okay! I'll be inside in a bit." He smiles. You nod and go inside the house with Jotaro. Inside, with the quiet, you look up at Jotaro. You are worried. He looks so conflicted, so confused, and so frightened.

"Are you okay? What's wrong?" You ask him, placing your hand on his chest. He shakes his head a little bit and looks down at you.

"It's nothing. I need to go home." He says lowly. Your eyebrows sink in dismay.

"Okay. Get home safe, please." You grin empathically. He places a kiss on your forehead before walking back out the front door. He walks quickly, like he wants out of there as fast as possible. You watch him from the window and sigh.

You really want answers.

~

That evening, your father invites Dion to stay over for dinner. You don't mind, but you're a tad skeptical of him due to the way Jotaro was looking at him. You begin making dinner as the two of them chat in the living room.

"So, Y/N, how's school going?" Your father asks from the other room. The kitchen isn't too far away, so conversation is fine.

"Uh, it's alright. Why?" You ask.

"Just wondering. I haven't asked about it in a while." He responds.

"What's your favorite subject?" Dion asks. You sigh softly because cooking and talking is kind of annoying sometimes.

"Probably science or biology." You respond.

"Ohh, nice! Mine was science too!" Dion says in an enthusiastic tone.

"Yeah? That's cool." You answer, cutting up some zucchini.

"If you ever need help with homework, I'm the guy to call!" Dion says with a chuckle. Your dad laughs a bit with him. You chuckle softly.

"I'll remember that." You say, putting the zucchini in a pan with seasonings.

Once dinner is served, the three of you sit at the dining table. You made chicken, rice, and vegetables.

"Thank you for having me for dinner!" Dion smiles as he puts food on his plate.

"Of course! It's the least we could do for all of your help." Your dad says. You glance at him.

"His help?" You question. Your dad looks at you.

"Oh, I mean for my job. He's helped me a lot." He responds with a grin. You nod slowly.