dion {57}

~

At the end of your evening, Jotaro drops you off at your house. You were so pleased with how the evening turned out. After the club, you went out to 7/11, ate some snacks, and walked around the city spewing funny nonsense to each other and having a good time. It was truly fun.

"I'm gonna miss you." You smile up at him, holding his hands. Jotaro smirks down at you and leans over, placing a soft kiss upon your lips.

"I'm gonna miss you more." He whispers softly. You giggle softly and kiss him some more.

"I'll see you at school pretty girl." He stands back up and places a kiss on your forehead. You give him a hug before heading inside.

When you arrive in your room, you immediately take off your shoes and get into some comfortable clothing. You go into your bathroom and begin to take off your makeup when you hear a loud thud somewhere outside your room. You pause and listen carefully.

"Dad?!" You call out. Its quiet. You set down your makeup wipes and walk to your bedroom door, peaking your head out.

"Hey, dad?!" You call out again. It's silent, as if nobody made a sound at all. You feel a bit nervous, you've always hated stuff like this. Noises with no explanation. Creepy ghost shit.

You retrieve your stand, allowing you to hear better as you walk down the hallway. You listen for any sound at all. You know your dad is home, you saw his car in the driveway. Most of the house is dark as you make your way towards the kitchen area.

"Dad?" You say one last time just incase. You turn on a light and look around. Nothing. It's empty and quiet in the house.

"How was your date?" You hear a low voice say from behind you. You jump and turn around, seeing your father standing directly behind you.

It's weird. You didn't hear him. At all.

You place your hand on your chest and smile a little.

"You really scared me." You shake your head. He has his arms crossed looking down at you. You gulp a little bit and readjust your posture.

"I called out for you, why didn't you answer?" You ask and place your hands on your hips.

"I asked you a question first." He tilts his head. You purse your lips a little and shrug.

"Okay, uh, it was fun. We went out to eat and walked around downtown." You answer. He nods. You squint at him.

"You okay?" You ask in a concerned tone. He blinks a few times before nodding again, softly shaking his head a bit.

"Yeah, yeah. I just have a headache. Sorry, kiddo." He pats your head and walks over to the medicine cabinet. You watch him.

"What was that thud I heard earlier? Did you drop something?" Your eyes remain on him. He opens the cabinet and rummages quietly through the pill bottles.

"A thud? Uhh, maybe, I don't remember." He responds. You cringe.

"It was loud, dad, it sounded like something heavy." You say with a bit of question in your tone. He sighs softly and places his hands on the counter. He turns his head and looks at you.

"I'm not really in the mood for this right now, kiddo. I got a bad headache." He speaks calmly. You bite your inner cheek and nod him off a bit before removing your hands from your hips.

"Sorry. I'll let you be then." You sigh.

"What was that kids last name again?" He asks randomly. You pause and look at him.

"What kid?" Your eyebrows now furrow.

"The boy you're dating." He looks at you with a hint of irritability. You look around a little before looking back at him.