friends (34)

*

Elena stared down at you with a cold look in her eyes and a small grin on her face, apparently trying to keep her composure.

"What's uh... going on?" She glances at your hand on top Jotaros'. You sniffle a little and look at her eyes and then down at your hand. You gulp a little.

"Oh, nothing.. I just..." You speak quietly.

"Don't worry about it... I'm just helping out a friend, Elena..." Jotaro groans deeply and slowly lets go of your hand. You wince a little at the loss of warmth. You look down at your empty hand, still open, wanting his hand to return.

"Friend? I didn't know you two were friends, I thought Y/N was just..." Elena begins. You lift your head and look at her, she pauses and looks into your eyes and swallows. She closes her mouth and looks down and fixes her shirt.

"Nevermind..." She speaks softly and sits in her seat next to you. You lick your lips and bite down on your bottom lip as your tears begin to dry on your cheeks. Elena was such a piece of work. Sure you didn't like her, but she thinks you two are friends. If you are "friends", why didn't she even ask if you were okay? She instantly became territorial over the fact Jotaro was giving you attention instead of her.

What a snobby bitch.

~

After bio, Elena gets out of her seat quickly with her backpack and walks to Jotaro. You watch them and slowly gather your items together. Elena giggles at something Jotaro mutters and then walks out of the classroom after saying goodbye to him. You stand up after putting your things into your backpack and are met with Jotaro facing you. You look up at him and gulp a little.

"Why were you crying? Are you okay?" He speaks lowly and looks down at you with a slight concerned expression. You look up into his eyes and purse your lips.

"Just... cramps..." You whisper and then shrug a little. He squints at you and clenches his jaw, causing your cheeks to blush from intimidation. You exhale.

"Do you wanna come over after school?" He puts his hands in his pockets. You furrow your eyebrows a little. You are so confused. Jotaro must really be delusional as shit.

"Why?" You bite your lip softly. He shrugs a little.

"I mean... We're friends, aren't we?" He tilts his head. Your eyebrows sink softly as you look up at him.

"Jotaro... I'm so confused..." You whisper desperately. He gulps and keeps his eyes on you.

"About what?" He speaks deeply. You look down and press your lips together.

"Do you like Elena or not?" You mumble. He leans over a bit to be more eye level with you.

"Sorry, I can't hear you..." He says deeply. You lift your head and look at his face as it is now close to yours. You feel a lump forming in your throat, an urge to just smash your lips against his and wrap your arms around his neck. You want to jump on him and have him carry you around in his arms.

"Do you... like Elena?" You whisper. He stares into your eyes for a few seconds and then slowly stands back up straight. He squints at you.

"What if I do? You like Nicola, don't you?" He furrows his eyebrows a little. You gulps and stare at his face. You can't tell whether you feel upset or relieved. A part of you feels upset that he likes another girl even though you and him have had so many intimate moments together. The other part of you feels like he's lying to try to make you jealous since he thinks you like Nicola. You can't tell which is true.

"Hmm... Maybe we should invite Elena and Nicola to your house this weekend for a hot spring night." You grin a little. He raises his eyebrows.

"Huh?" He murmurs. You smirk and nod a little.