˗ˏˋCHAPTER 23 → THE GIFTED 'ˎ˗

˗ˏˋCHAPTER 23´ˎ˗
〈THE GIFTED〉

˗ˏˋCHAPTER 23´ˎ˗〈THE GIFTED〉

─── ୭🧷✧˚. ᵎᵎ 🎀SLEEP DEPRIVATION SEEMED TO BE THE NEW NORMAL FOR EVANGELINE CLARKE. She sat in the back seat of the Impala as Dean raced down the streets on Sam's command.

The youngest Winchester was almost positive Roger Miller was going to die tonight. His dread was overshadowed by his determination to save him.

“Roger Miller,” Sam repeated on the phone. “No, no, just the address please” he paused. “Okay thanks” he turned to his brother “450 West Grove apartment 1120”.

“You okay” Evangeline asked softly from the back.

“Yeah” Sam shot her a smile.

“If you're gonna hurl, I can pull the car over” Dean huffed “cause the upholstery…”

“I'm fine, just drive” but he didn't seem fine. No, Sam's voice shook alongside his hands, and his eyes held a completely different story.

“All right” Dean settled.

The trio drove the rest of the car ride in silence.

୭  🧷 ✧ ˚.  ᵎᵎ  🎀

Roger Miller lived in an apartment building. It was tall with loads of windows and looked scary in the dark. Or maybe Evangeline just didn't like it when it was dark. When the shadows wrapped around places that you were supposed to see, blinding you to what lived in the shadows. Like a tall, scary man with a mask and an ax playing psycho killer.

“There he is,” Sam whispered.

“Hey, Roger,” Dean screamed from the window.

Evangeline perked up from the backseat, rolling down her window.

“We need to talk for a second please” Sam called out.

The man glanced at the three, rolling his eyes at the sight of them.

“What the hell are you guys, missionaries?” he grumbled rather rudely.

“Please” Sam called out desperately.

The man continued walking to his home, not giving the three the time of day.

Dean quickly parked the impala, and Sam was the first to shoot out of his seat “Hey, Roger”, he chased after the man Evangeline and Dean on his heels. “we're trying to help”.

Roger simply locked the door to his building as Sam approached the glass.

“I don't want your help” he grunted.

“Were not priests, you got to listen to us” He called out, banging on the glass door as the man walked away. “Roger, you're in danger”.

Sam deflated in defeat. Evangeline's eyes flickered to the windows.