-'CHAPTER 19 ⤑ DEATH COMES FOR US ALL'-

CHAPTER 19

CHAPTER 19. DEATH COMES FOR US ALL

 DEATH COMES FOR US ALL

──── °˖➶➳⊹ ˖ ALMOST EVERYONE EVANGELINE HAD ONCE LOVED, HAD DIED. Her baby sister, her best friend, her brother in law, her father, and even her mother. From a young age, she had learned death didn't discriminate. It didn't care who it took, sinners like her mother or saints like her sister. It took and took and left you with nothing but a small hole in your heart that would never be filled.

Perhaps the reason she was so comfortable with befriending Sam and Dean was the fact that they were hunters. They knew how to take care of themselves and how to fight and survive. Perhaps she had gotten too comfortable because no matter how skilled you are, no matter how fast you run or hard, you fight, death came for them all.

And today, it did something Evangeline had never imagined. It reaped on Dean Winchester.

A COUPLE HOURS EARLIER

───── °˖➶➳⊹ ˖ Evangeline stood next to Sam, her gun and flashlight in hand as the trio broke into the old abandoned house. Dean broke the door down as Sam and her followed close behind.

Shadows seemed familiar in the dark house, and Evangeline had to adjust her eyes to the soft light of her flashlight as it brighted the path in front of her. Dean led the two downstairs as soft, muffled sobs filled their ears.

The stairs down were old, the wood looked broken, but Evangeline had put trust in them as she tread down.

Dean led the three as he carefully opened up a closet door where the sound of sobs erupted.

Dean held up his gun, but instead of a monster or ghost, he was met with the sight of two little kids. A little boy and girl curled up in the corner crying.

"Is it still here?" Sam asked.

They nodded their heads in sync with fear written on their small features.

He immediately put his gun down "it's okay. You two, we're gonna get you out of here" he spoke softly.

The boy nodded, standing as he held his sister up.