46

!!!TW!!!

Alludes to SH, negative thoughts.

CHAPTER 46

I knock on the hospital door. 

'Come in' I hear a meek voice say. I walk inside, and am met with the smell of mint.

'Hi Mum' I say, trying my best to smile. She smiles back. 'The nurses told me you would visit again today! How are you sweetheart?'

I look at Deku, who gives me a reassuring nod. I gently sit down in the chair next to her bed.

'Mum, was I ever a twin?' She thinks.

'I mean, sort of.' This confuses me. 'What do you mean, sort of?' She smiles. 'We had you through IVF. We had two successful eggs. However, you absorbed your twin around the twelth week of pregnancy'.

'Oh' I say. 'Why didn't you ever tell me?' She smiles. 'You're a gentle soul Sho, espeically as a kid. We didn't want you to take it the wrong way.'

I think. 

'Mum, who's Aoto?' I suddenly feel the air around me go cold. I look at mum, and see that frost has started spreading over her skin.

'Mum?' She doesn't respond. A machine begins beeping quickly, as nurses begin to enter the room. 

One of the nurses ushers us out. Aizawa stands from his chair outside the room.

'Is she okay?' He asks. The nurse smiles. 'She sometimes gets panic attacks. Don't worry, one of the nurses has a calming quirk. It's been very effective.'

'Can we speak to her afterwards?' I ask. The nurse shakes her nead. 'She normally sleeps for at least 12 hours after each attack. It might be worth coming back another time.

-later-

Im sat in the common room, as everyone plays a game of mario kart. Deku is deep in throught, mumbling. 'So you ate your twin. Dude, that's fucking metal' Kirishima says. I smile, even though I have absolutely no idea what that means. 

You were a murderer before you were even born.

I shake the thought. 'Does that mean you have an extra nipple?' We all turn to face Denki. He shrugs. 'I heard that sometimes twins can like merge, and end up with extra limbs and stuff. Commonly nipples.'

Mina huffs. 'Backugo you literally stopped your car, went backwards, knocked my car off the track, then continued again' Backugo cackles. 'Yep, what you gunna do about it? It's literally the only reason I play Wario'.

'No, I only have two nipples. Sorry guys. Do you think my heterochromia and hair has something to do with it though?' 

Ochako furrows her eyebrows. 'I would've said yes, but it's a 50 50 split between both your parents, no?'

I think back to Aoto, with his blue eyes and red hair.

Suddenly, Deku stops mumbling, his expression falling. 'Yo dude, you okay?' Kirishimi asks.

Deku turns to face me. 'You mentioned Aoto was like an imaginary friend. But what if he was more than that?'

Everyone looks puzzled.

'Hear me out. We still have no idea how quirks work. What if, when you absorbed Aoto, you absorbed his quirk too.'

'But that would mean I absorbed ice or fire. Wouldn't explain everything else.'

'But what if...his quirk wasn't either off those?' Suddenly, the game gets paused. Everyone seems focused on Deku right now.

'Shoto, what quirks did your grandparents have?' This stumps me. 'Erm, well on my mums side, grandma could lower temperatures and grandpa could condense the air around him to make water. I don't know my dad's mum, but his dad had hellflame, like him'.