50

!!!TW!!!

Slight gore.

Chapter 50

I don't hear anything for the first few seconds. Just smells. They got stronger. The scent of coffee. Bubblegum. Lavender. Strawberry. Intoxicating. Wonderful.  

Then came the faces. Concern, fear, joy. Crying, human. 

Then came the heat. The wonderful heat, reminding me what being alive means.

Then their voices.

'Sho? Oh my god Sho? Holy shit Zash he's breathing'. Papa bursts out crying, running over to me, bawling.

Eri looks over at me. 'Yay! Liddle's awake now'. She runs over and gives me a hug, her horn still glowing.

Dad looks over at her, stopping her quirk. Finally, Hit opens his eyes, looking at me.

'Sho-' suddenly, he collapses onto the ground. 

'Zash-'

'-On it' Papa runs over to Hitoshi. 'He's still breathing. I think he just fainted'. There's a rumbling sound, followed by footsteps. 

'Over here!' Dad says. In runs Cementos and Recovery Girl. She notices Hit and heads for him immediately. She heals him, and his pale face floods with colour.

'Is he okay?' Dad asks worridly. She nods. 'Quirk drainage. I've seen it a few times before. Very rare.' She walks over to me, inspecting the bloody capture weapon.

'I need you to move your scarf Eraser'. 

'But won't he-'

'Not while I'm here. I just need to see what I'm dealing with'. Slowly, Dad unravels his capture weapon, and everyone gasps.

'What the...'

'How...'

'Jesus!'

I hold my hand up to my neck, and notice the cut is still there. I pull my hand away - it's covered in blood. But the blood is moving, travelling back inside its wound. Like an external artery.

'Ever seen anything like it?' Dad asks. Recovery girl shakes her head. 'Never in my life.'

There's a crashing sound, and something blasts through concrete. 

Everyone stands at the ready. Whatever is coming, we can handle it.

In runs... Deku. He stares at me. Blinks. Blinks again.

'How...what the fuck?' Papa giggles. 'Will never get over you swearing Midoriya, really funny'.

'Do you think we should heal him?' Deku says. Recovery Girl walks right up to me, investigating. 'It appears to be some sort of blood manipulation quirk. I think I should be okay to heal him'.

She places her hand on my shoulder, and the blood pumps inside, then I can feel my throat closing. Immediately, I drop, and Dad catches me.

'Sho?' I hear a faint voice. I turn round to look over at Hitoshi. He smiles. 'Glad to have you back bro.'

'I think it's best to come back to UA. We now know that physical distance will not make a difference. And I think it's best I be on standby just in case something happens' Recovery Girl states. Both my parents nod in agreement.

-later-

We're lying in UA's infirmary. Both my parents are out with Nezu, formulating a plan to defeat Aoto. 'How are you feeling sho?' Hitoshi asks. How am I feeling?

'Not sure, you?'

'Fucking terrible' he smiles. 'Are you safe?' I ask him. He laughs. 'Yeah, I think I'm good. I texted Denki and told him everything. He's on his way do-'