41 - nightmare 💗🖤

ship: shoto todoroki + izuku midoriya.

The moonlight filtered through the curtains, casting a soft, ethereal glow over the dorm room shared by Shoto Todoroki and Izuku Midoriya. It was a peaceful night, the quiet hum of the air conditioning the only sound breaking the silence. Izuku slept soundly, his arm draped protectively over Shoto, whose usually serene face was contorted in distress.

Shoto's nightmares had been a recurring torment throughout his life, remnants of a childhood filled with trauma and fear. But ever since he and Izuku had started dating four months ago, those nightmares had lessened. Izuku's presence, his unwavering support, and his gentle love had become a sanctuary for Shoto. Yet tonight, the darkness had found a way back in.

In his dream, Shoto was back in his childhood home, the oppressive atmosphere suffocating him. His father's harsh voice echoed through the halls, and the cold flames of his quirk burned painfully against his skin. He was a child again, powerless and terrified, unable to escape the relentless torment.

"No, please... stop," Shoto muttered in his sleep, his body twitching as he fought against the phantoms of his past.

Izuku stirred, his eyes fluttering open as he felt Shoto's distress. It didn't take long for him to realize what was happening. He gently shook Shoto's shoulder, his voice soft and soothing. "Shoto, wake up. It's just a dream. I'm here."

Shoto jolted awake, his mismatched eyes wide with fear and confusion. He gasped for breath, his body covered in a cold sweat. The sight of Izuku's concerned face slowly brought him back to reality, and he collapsed into his boyfriend's arms, trembling.

"Midoriya... it was horrible," Shoto whispered, his voice breaking. "I was back there... with him. I couldn't get away."

Izuku held him tightly, running his fingers through Shoto's two-toned hair in a calming rhythm. "It's okay, Shoto. You're safe now. He can't hurt you anymore. I'm here with you."

Shoto buried his face in Izuku's chest, his tears soaking into the fabric of his shirt. "I thought I was over this... I thought it was getting better."

Izuku kissed the top of Shoto's head, his heart aching for the boy he loved. "Healing takes time, and it's okay to have setbacks. You're strong, Shoto. So strong. And I'll be here with you every step of the way."

Shoto clung to Izuku, his breathing slowly evening out as the comfort of his boyfriend's embrace chased away the lingering shadows of his nightmare. "Thank you, Izuku. I don't know what I'd do without you."

Izuku pulled back slightly, cupping Shoto's face in his hands and looking into his eyes with a tender, reassuring gaze. "You don't have to thank me. I love you, Shoto. I'll always be here for you, no matter what."

Shoto's lips trembled into a small, grateful smile. "I love you too, Izuku. More than words can say."

They lay back down, Izuku wrapping his arms securely around Shoto, who nestled against him, finding solace in the warmth and safety of their shared bed. The fear and pain of the nightmare gradually faded, replaced by the comforting presence of the boy who had stolen his heart.

As the night wore on, Shoto fell back into a peaceful sleep, his breathing synced with Izuku's. The nightmares might return, but with Izuku by his side, Shoto knew he could face them. Together, they were stronger than any darkness, their love a beacon of light that would guide them through even the darkest of nights.

And as the first rays of dawn began to pierce the horizon, Shoto slept soundly in Izuku's arms, a smile on his lips, knowing he was truly safe and deeply loved.