59 - height of love 🥂

ship: kyoka jirou + momo yaoyorozu.

Kyoka Jirou fidgeted with her earphone jacks as she lounged on the dorm room couch, sneaking glances at her girlfriend, Momo Yaoyorozu. Momo was standing by her desk, meticulously organizing her books—a typical activity for the ever-diligent hero-in-training.

"Hey, Momo," Kyoka started, trying to sound casual. "How tall are you, actually?"

Momo turned to face her, a gentle smile playing on her lips. "I'm 5'8, Kyoka. Why do you ask?"

Kyoka shrugged, a blush creeping up her cheeks. "Just curious. I mean, you're quite a bit taller than me, and I guess I never really thought about the exact difference."

Momo walked over and sat beside Kyoka, her presence calming and warm. She gently took one of Kyoka's hands in hers. "Does it bother you?"

Kyoka shook her head, her spiky purple hair swaying. "No, not at all. It's just... sometimes I feel like a kid next to you. I mean, I'm only 5'1."

Momo's eyes softened, and she brought Kyoka's hand to her lips, planting a soft kiss on her knuckles. "Your height doesn't define you, Kyoka. You're strong, brave, and incredibly talented. That's what matters to me."

Kyoka smiled, her heart swelling with affection. "Yeah, I know. It's just... sometimes I feel like I need to stand on my toes to reach you, in more ways than one."

Momo leaned in closer, her dark eyes locking onto Kyoka's. "You never have to reach for me, Jirou. I'm always right here, by your side."

The sincerity in Momo's voice made Kyoka's breath hitch. She leaned her head on Momo's shoulder, feeling the comforting rhythm of her heartbeat. "You're such a sap, Yaomomo."

Momo chuckled softly, her fingers gently brushing through Kyoka's hair. "Only for you, Jirou."

They sat in comfortable silence for a few moments, enjoying the closeness. Then Kyoka pulled back slightly, mischief twinkling in her eyes. "So, does that mean you'll help me reach the top shelf in the kitchen from now on?"

Momo laughed, the sound like music to Jirou's ears. "Of course, my love. Anything for you."

Kyoka's heart fluttered at the term of endearment. She wrapped her arms around Momo's waist, hugging her tightly. "I love you, Momo."

Momo hugged her back just as fiercely. "I love you too, Kyoka. Always."

And in that moment, surrounded by the warmth and love they shared, their differences in height seemed like the smallest thing in the world.