14 - autumn sparks 💗

ship: katsuki bakugo + eijiro kirishima

The first hint of autumn was in the air, a crisp breeze carrying the scent of fallen leaves and the promise of cool nights. The sun was low in the sky, casting a warm, golden hue over everything it touched. Katsuki Bakugo and Eijiro Kirishima stood at the edge of the pumpkin patch, taking in the scene before them.

Rows upon rows of pumpkins stretched out in every direction, their bright orange colours standing out against the earthy tones of the fields. Families and friends wandered through the patch, laughter and excited chatter filling the air. Kirishima turned to Bakugo, a wide grin on his face.

"Isn't this awesome, Bakugo? I've always wanted to do this!" Kirishima's eyes sparkled with enthusiasm, and his energy was infectious.

Bakugo, hands stuffed into his pockets and scowl firmly in place, shrugged. "Yeah, whatever. Let's just find a pumpkin and get out of here."

Kirishima chuckled, unfazed by Bakugo's gruff demeanour. "Come on 'Suki. Lighten up! It's Halloween! It's supposed to be fun."

Bakugo rolled his eyes but followed Kirishima into the patch. As they walked, Kirishima pointed out various pumpkins, each one seemingly more interesting than the last. Bakugo, meanwhile, kept his eyes on the prize, scanning the patch for the perfect pumpkin.

"How about this one?" Kirishima asked, holding up a particularly large pumpkin with a lopsided shape.

Bakugo shook his head. "Too big. We're not trying to carve a damn boulder."

Kirishima laughed, setting the pumpkin back down. "Alright, Mr. Picky. Let's keep looking."

They wandered deeper into the patch, the crowds thinning out as they went. Eventually, they reached a quieter area, where the pumpkins were smaller and more uniform in shape. Bakugo stopped, crouching down to inspect a medium-sized pumpkin with a smooth, even surface.

"This one," he said, his voice decisive. "It's perfect."

Kirishima knelt beside him, examining the pumpkin. "Yeah, it is! Great choice, Bakugo."

They paid for the pumpkin and made their way back to the dorms, the atmosphere between them relaxed and easy. Once inside, they spread out newspapers on the common room table and set the pumpkin in the centre. Kirishima fetched a set of carving tools, handing one to Bakugo.

"Ready to make the coolest jack-o'-lantern ever?" Kirishima asked, his eyes shining with excitement.

Bakugo smirked, taking the carving tool. "You bet. Let's do this."

They worked side by side, the sound of laughter and playful banter filling the room. Kirishima sketched out a design on the pumpkin while Bakugo carefully carved it out. They chose a classic jack-o'-lantern face, but with an extra touch of fierceness that reflected their personalities.

As they carved, Bakugo glanced at Kirishima, who was concentrating hard on his work. There was a warmth in Bakugo's chest that he hadn't felt before, a sense of contentment that came from being with someone who truly understood him.

"Hey, Kirishima," Bakugo said softly, his voice unusually gentle.

Kirishima looked up, surprised by the tone. "Yeah, Bakugo?"

Bakugo hesitated for a moment, then continued, "Thanks for dragging me out here today. I... I had fun."

Kirishima's eyes softened, a warm smile spreading across his face. "I'm glad, 'Suki. I had fun too. I always do when I'm with you."

Bakugo felt a blush creeping up his neck, but he didn't look away. Instead, he reached out and took Kirishima's hand, squeezing it gently. "I love you, Ei."