51 - drunkard 🥂(💗)

ship: katsuki bakugo + eijiro kirishima.

Katsuki Bakugo and Eijiro Kirishima sat at a quiet corner table in a small, dimly lit bar. It was their favourite spot to unwind after a long week of hero work, a place where they could be themselves without the weight of expectations. The atmosphere was warm, filled with the low hum of conversation and the occasional clink of glasses.

Kirishima took a sip of his drink, his eyes crinkling at the corners as he smiled at something Bakugo said. The evening had been perfect so far, just the two of them enjoying each other's company. That was until the bar door swung open, and a loud, stumbling figure entered.

The drunkard weaved through the tables, his eyes unfocused until they landed on Kirishima. A frown etched itself onto his face as he staggered closer, his voice slurred and aggressive. "Hey, you! With the red hair!"

Kirishima glanced up, his smile fading slightly. "Uh, yeah? Can I help you?"

The drunkard's face twisted in anger. "You think you're so tough, huh? With your fancy hero friends and your... your stupid hair!"

Kirishima blinked, taken aback by the sudden hostility. "I think you might have me confused with someone else, man. Why don't you sit down and—"

Before Kirishima could finish, the drunkard took a step closer, raising his voice. "Don't you dare tell me what to do!"

In an instant, Bakugo was on his feet, stepping between Kirishima and the drunkard. His eyes blazed with anger, and his stance was protective, shielding Kirishima from the intruder. "Back off, you idiot," Bakugo growled, his voice low and dangerous. "He didn't do anything to you."

The drunkard sneered, swaying slightly. "What, you his guard dog or something?"

Bakugo's hands clenched into fists, small explosions crackling at his fingertips. "Yeah, something like that. Now get lost before I make you."

Kirishima stood up, placing a calming hand on Bakugo's shoulder. "Katsuki, it's okay. Let's just ignore him and—"

Bakugo shrugged off Kirishima's hand, his eyes never leaving the drunkard. "No, Ei. He doesn't get to talk to you like that."

The intensity of Bakugo's protectiveness warmed Kirishima's heart, even as the situation escalated. The drunkard, seeing the fierce look in Bakugo's eyes and the sparks of his quirk, finally seemed to realize the gravity of the situation. He stumbled back, muttering under his breath, and retreated to a far corner of the bar.

Bakugo watched him go, making sure he didn't try anything else, before turning to Kirishima. "You okay?"

Kirishima smiled, his heart swelling with affection. "Yeah, I'm fine. You didn't have to do that but thanks for standing up for me, 'Suki."

Bakugo huffed, the anger slowly draining from his expression. "Of course I did. No one messes with you while I'm around."

Kirishima reached out, cupping Bakugo's face in his hands and drawing him close. "You're amazing, you know that? Always looking out for me."

Bakugo's cheeks tinged with a faint blush, his tough exterior cracking just a bit. "Shut up," he muttered, but there was no heat in his words. "I just... I care about you, okay?"

Kirishima's smile widened, and he pressed a soft kiss to Bakugo's lips. "I know. And I care about you too, more than anything."

They stood there for a moment, lost in each other, the world around them fading away. In that small, dimly lit bar, they found solace in their bond, an unbreakable connection forged through years of friendship and love.

Eventually, they sat back down, their hands intertwined on the table. The night continued, but the earlier disturbance was forgotten, replaced by the warmth of their shared affection. As they talked and laughed, it was clear to anyone who saw them that their hearts were irrevocably intertwined, their love a fierce and unyielding force.

Bakugo might have been explosive and brash, and Kirishima might have been sturdy and steadfast, but together, they were unstoppable. And as the evening wore on, they knew that no matter what challenges they faced, they would always have each other – their hearts beating as one, unbreakable and true.