60 - hidden flames. 💗

ship: katsuki bakugo + eijiro kirishima.

The dorm room was dimly lit, the only illumination coming from the soft glow of a bedside lamp. Bakugo lay sprawled on his bed, flipping through a hero magazine with a furrowed brow. Kirishima sat cross-legged at the foot of the bed, his fingers idly tracing patterns on the blanket.

"Hey, Kats," Kirishima said, his voice tinged with uncertainty.

Bakugo glanced up, one eyebrow raised. "Yeah?"

"Is it bad that we're doing this?" Kirishima's gaze was fixed on his hands, his tone hesitant.

Bakugo's brows furrowed in confusion. "What do you mean?"

Kirishima finally looked up, meeting Bakugo's intense gaze. "Keeping this from all our friends and family."

Bakugo's eyes softened for a brief moment before he let out a sigh, setting the magazine aside. "You think it's bad?"

Kirishima bit his lip, struggling to find the right words. "I mean, I get why we're doing it. But sometimes it feels like we're hiding a part of ourselves, and I hate that feeling."

Bakugo shifted, sitting up and reaching out to grab Kirishima's hand. His grip was firm yet comforting. "Listen, Shitty Hair. It's not that I wanna hide you or what we have. It's just... this is new, for both of us. And I wanna keep it safe, y'know?"

Kirishima squeezed Bakugo's hand, a small smile playing on his lips. "Yeah, I get that. It's just... I care about you a lot, and sometimes I wanna shout it from the rooftops."

Bakugo snorted, a smirk tugging at his lips. "Yeah, well, shouting isn't exactly our style, is it?"

Kirishima chuckled, shaking his head. "No, I guess not."

Bakugo's expression softened further, his thumb gently brushing over Kirishima's knuckles. "Look, Ei. We'll tell them when we're ready. And when we do, we'll do it together. Deal?"

Kirishima's heart swelled at the use of his first name, a rare occurrence that always made him feel special. "Deal."

They sat in comfortable silence for a moment, the weight of their conversation lifting. Then Kirishima tugged Bakugo closer, pulling him into a tight embrace. Bakugo wrapped his arms around Kirishima's waist, resting his head on his shoulder.

"Just so you know," Bakugo murmured, his voice uncharacteristically gentle, "I care about you too. A lot."

Kirishima's smile widened, his heart pounding with affection. "I know, Katsuki. I know."

And in that quiet moment, hidden from the world, they found solace in each other, knowing that their love, though concealed for now, burned brightly and fiercely.