58 - unspoken bonds 💗

ship: katsuki bakugo + eijiro kirishima.

The bustling streets of Musutafu were alive with activity as Katsuki Bakugo and Eijiro Kirishima walked side by side, taking in the sights and sounds of the city. It was one of those rare days off from their intense hero training, and they had decided to spend it exploring the town with a few friends from Class 1-A.

Mina Ashido, Denki Kaminari, and Hanta Sero were a few steps ahead, chattering excitedly about the latest hero gossip and upcoming events. Bakugo and Kirishima trailed behind, engaged in their own conversation about new training techniques they wanted to try.

Despite the crowded sidewalks, the two managed to navigate through the throngs of people with ease, an unspoken synchronization guiding their steps. As they walked, their hands brushed against each other occasionally, a subtle connection that neither seemed to notice consciously.

They were discussing the merits of different combat styles when it happened. Without thinking, their fingers entwined naturally, as if it were the most normal thing in the world. It wasn't until they reached a small plaza and stopped to regroup with their friends that anyone noticed.

Mina turned around, a mischievous grin spreading across her face. "Hey, lovebirds! When did this happen?"

Bakugo and Kirishima both looked down in surprise to find their hands intertwined. Kirishima's cheeks turned a light shade of pink, but he didn't pull away. Bakugo's reaction was more explosive.

"Oi! What the hell are you talking about?" Bakugo barked, trying to mask his own embarrassment with his usual bluster.

Mina just laughed, pointing at their joined hands. "That! You two are holding hands like a couple on a date."

Denki and Sero joined in on the laughter, while Kirishima scratched the back of his head, his smile sheepish but genuine. "Guess we didn't even realize," he admitted, giving Bakugo's hand a gentle squeeze before letting go.

Bakugo huffed, crossing his arms over his chest. "It's no big deal," he grumbled, though the slight pink tinge on his cheeks betrayed his nonchalance.

Denki smirked, nudging Sero. "Looks like our resident hothead has a soft spot after all."

Sero chuckled. "Yeah, who knew Bakugo could be so romantic?"

"Shut up, you idiots," Bakugo growled, though his tone lacked its usual edge. "Let's just keep moving."

The group continued their walk, but the atmosphere had shifted slightly. There was a newfound warmth and understanding between Bakugo and Kirishima that hadn't been there before. As they strolled through the park, Kirishima caught Bakugo's eye and smiled.

"You know, I'm glad we have friends like them," Kirishima said, his voice low enough that only Bakugo could hear. "They always know how to lighten the mood."

Bakugo snorted, but there was no real annoyance in his expression. "Yeah, they're a bunch of idiots, but they're our idiots."

Kirishima chuckled. "And you, Bakugo, are pretty great too."

Bakugo's eyes softened for a moment, and he let out a small sigh. "Yeah, yeah. You're not so bad yourself, Kirishima."

As they walked on, their hands brushed again, and this time, Bakugo didn't pull away. Instead, he let his fingers entwine with Kirishima's, holding on tightly. It was a silent affirmation of what they both felt but hadn't yet put into words.

The day continued with more laughter and camaraderie, but for Bakugo and Kirishima, it marked a quiet, significant step forward. They didn't need grand declarations or dramatic gestures. Their bond was strong, built on trust, respect, and a deep, unspoken understanding.

And as they walked through the busy streets, hands intertwined, they knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them together—united by an unspoken bond that grew stronger with each passing day.