43 - late-night call 💗

ship: momo yaoyorozu + kyoka jirou.

Kyoka Jirou tossed and turned in her bed, the numbers on the clock glowing an annoyingly bright 2:17 AM. No matter how hard she tried, she just couldn't sleep. The events of the day, the stress of training, and a certain someone occupied her mind too much. With a sigh, she grabbed her phone from the nightstand and scrolled through her contacts until she found the one name she had been thinking about: Momo Yaoyorozu. More specifically in her contacts, 'Momo 🖤'.

After a moment of hesitation, she hit the call button. The phone rang a few times before a soft, sleepy voice answered.

"Jirou?" Momo's voice was groggy but warm. "Is everything okay?"

Kyoka felt a rush of guilt for waking her up, but the need to hear her voice outweighed it. "Hey, Momo. Sorry for waking you. I just... I couldn't sleep."

There was a slight rustling on the other end of the line as Momo sat up. "It's okay, Jirou. I'm glad you called. What's on your mind?"

Kyoka hesitated, her thumb tracing patterns on her blanket. "Just... everything, I guess. Training's been tough, and I can't seem to shut my brain off. And... well, I've been thinking about you."

There was a brief pause, and Kyoka worried she might have said too much. But then Momo's voice came through, gentle and reassuring. "I've been thinking about you too. Want to talk about it?"

Kyoka smiled, feeling a bit more at ease. "Yeah, that'd be nice. You always know how to calm me down."

Momo chuckled softly. "Well, I'm glad to be of service. Why don't you tell me what's been bothering you? We can figure it out together."

Kyoka took a deep breath and started talking, sharing her worries about training, her doubts about her abilities, and the stress of being a hero-in-training. Momo listened patiently, offering words of encouragement and understanding.

"You're stronger than you think, Kyoka," Momo said softly. "You've grown so much since we started at UA. And it's okay to have doubts. We all do."

Kyoka felt a warmth spread through her chest at Momo's words. "Thanks, Momo. You always know what to say."

Momo's voice grew even softer, a hint of shyness creeping in. "I just... I care about you a lot, Jirou. I want to be there for you."

Kyoka's heart skipped a beat. "I care about you too, Momo. More than you know."

There was a comfortable silence between them, filled with the unspoken feelings that had been building for so long. Finally, Kyoka took a deep breath and decided to be brave.

"Momo, I... I think I'm falling for you."

Momo's breath hitched, and Kyoka worried she had gone too far. But then Momo's voice came through, filled with emotion. "Kyoka, I... I feel the same way. I've been wanting to tell you for a while now."

Relief and joy washed over Kyoka, and she couldn't help but grin. "Really? You have no idea how happy that makes me."

Momo's voice was soft and full of warmth. "I'm happy too. So, what do we do now?"

Kyoka laughed softly. "Well, how about we start with a proper date? When we're not half-asleep, of course."

Momo giggled, a sound that made Kyoka's heart flutter. "That sounds perfect. I can't wait."

They talked for a while longer, the conversation shifting to lighter topics as they made plans for their first date. The nervousness and anxiety that had kept Kyoka awake melted away, replaced by the comfort of Momo's voice and the excitement of their new beginning.

As the first light of dawn began to creep through the window, Kyoka finally felt her eyelids growing heavy. "I should probably let you get some sleep, Momo. Thanks for talking with me."

Momo's voice was gentle and affectionate. "Anytime, Kyoka. Sweet dreams."

"Sweet dreams, Momo," Kyoka replied, a smile on her lips as she ended the call.

For the first time in what felt like forever, Kyoka drifted off to sleep with a sense of peace and happiness, knowing that Momo cared for her just as much as she cared for Momo. And in the morning, she would wake up to a new chapter in their relationship, one filled with love and endless possibilities.