71 - healing hearts, forged through battle 🥂💗(🖤)

ship: hitoshi shinso + eijiro kirishima.

DISCLAIMER - in this story, aizawa adopted shinso and eri (legally) about 2 years ago. that's why shinso calls him dad :)

The aftermath of the battle was a haze of pain and exhaustion for everyone involved. The clash between heroes and villains had been brutal, leaving many of U.A. High's students and staff battered, bruised, and hospitalized. Kirishima had fought as hard as anyone, his Unbreakable form pushed to its limits as he defended his friends and comrades. But despite his efforts, the fight had taken its toll on him too. He remembered the final moments before collapsing, the world spinning around him as his body finally gave in.

When Kirishima woke up in the hospital, the sterile smell and the beeping of machines greeted him. The pain was a constant companion, but he had survived. The doctors told him he was lucky—his quirk had saved him from the worst of the injuries, but it still left him sore and weak. It wasn't long before he was discharged, one of the first to be allowed to leave. Most of the others were still unconscious or in critical condition, and the dorms felt eerily empty when Kirishima returned.

For the first few days, the solitude was a welcome relief. Kirishima had time to heal, to reflect on everything that had happened, and to push through the lingering pain with his characteristic determination. But as the days stretched into weeks, the silence became oppressive. He missed his friends, missed the noise and energy that usually filled the dorms. Even the most mundane moments—laughter over breakfast, the bustle of everyone getting ready for the day—were absent, leaving Kirishima feeling more alone than he'd ever expected.

One early morning, Kirishima was in the kitchen, preparing breakfast for himself. He tried to focus on the simple task of making eggs and toast, humming softly to fill the quiet. But the loneliness still gnawed at him. As he flipped the eggs in the pan, he heard the front door open and close with a sharp click, followed by the familiar sound of Aizawa's voice.

"Alright, we're here," Aizawa said, his tone as calm and steady as ever. "Make yourself at home."

Kirishima paused, his spatula hovering over the stove as he turned to see who had come in. His eyes widened when he saw Hitoshi Shinso standing in the doorway, a small bag slung over his shoulder and Eri clutching tightly to Aizawa's hand. Shinso's expression was unreadable as usual, but his presence was a surprise—a welcome one, though Kirishima wasn't sure why.

"Kirishima," Aizawa greeted him with a nod. "You're up early."

"Yeah," Kirishima replied, trying to hide his surprise and delight at seeing them. "Figured I'd get a head start on the day."

Aizawa glanced between him and Shinso, a hint of something like understanding in his tired eyes. "Shinso's been discharged from the hospital, and since most of the students are still recovering, I thought it'd be best for him and Eri to stay here in the dorms until things settle down. You'll be seeing a lot more of each other."

Kirishima nodded, a smile slowly spreading across his face. "That's awesome! I mean, it'll be good to have some company around here."

Shinso gave a small, almost imperceptible nod, his gaze flickering toward Kirishima before he turned back to Aizawa. "Thanks for bringing us here, Dad."

Aizawa ruffled Eri's hair affectionately. "Behave, both of you. I'll be checking in regularly."

With that, Aizawa left, his presence as fleeting as ever, leaving Shinso and Eri standing in the kitchen with Kirishima. There was an awkward silence for a moment before Kirishima broke it with a grin.

"Hey, Shinso! You hungry? I was just making breakfast. I can whip up something for you too."

Shinso hesitated, glancing at the pan of eggs and then at Kirishima's eager expression. "Sure, if it's not too much trouble."