69 - dynamight and red riot: a wedding of heroes 💗

ship: katsuki bakugo + eijiro kirishima.

The sun hung low in the sky, casting a warm golden glow over the expansive gardens of the U.A. Academy. It was a perfect day—fitting for the union of two of Japan's most beloved heroes. The guests were a colourful array of familiar faces, from pro heroes to classmates, all gathered to celebrate the occasion. But despite the grandeur, the atmosphere was intimate, buzzing with a blend of excitement and sentiment.

Eijiro Kirishima stood nervously at the altar, hands gripping the edge of his suit jacket. He was dressed in a perfectly tailored crimson suit that matched his vibrant hair. His heart was racing, and he couldn't stop smiling, even if his nerves were getting the better of him. Beside him, Mina Ashido whispered a few encouraging words, though they were mostly teasing remarks about how "manly" he looked.

As the first chords of the wedding march began to play, all eyes turned to the entrance. Katsuki Bakugo appeared, dressed in a sleek black suit with crimson accents—a subtle nod to the colour scheme Kirishima had picked. His ash-blonde hair was as unruly as ever, but he carried himself with the confident stride that defined him.

But today, there was something different in Bakugo's expression. His usual scowl was replaced by a softer look, his eyes focused solely on Kirishima. The explosive hero's steps faltered just slightly as he neared the altar, his fiery gaze meeting Kirishima's.

"Wow," Kirishima breathed, his voice barely above a whisper. "You look... amazing."

"Shut up," Bakugo muttered, though there was no heat behind his words. His cheeks flushed a faint pink, and he quickly took his place beside Kirishima. "You look pretty damn good yourself, idiot."

The officiant cleared his throat, bringing the ceremony to order. "Dearly beloved, we are gathered here today to celebrate the union of these two heroes, who have fought through countless battles, both on the battlefield and in life, to arrive at this moment."

Bakugo could feel everyone's eyes on them, but for once, it didn't bother him. His focus remained on Kirishima, whose smile seemed to outshine even the sun. As the officiant continued, Bakugo's mind wandered back to all the moments that led them here—their first meeting, the training sessions, the missions, the nights spent talking under the stars. He never imagined he'd find someone who could put up with his temper, let alone someone who would love him for who he was.

And yet, here he was, about to marry the one person who saw past all of his rough edges and found something worth loving.

"Kirishima, would you like to say your vows?" the officiant prompted.

Kirishima nodded, turning to fully face Bakugo. He took a deep breath, his hands slightly trembling as he reached out to hold Bakugo's. "Katsuki Bakugo," he began, his voice steady despite the emotions swirling within him. "I've always admired your strength, your courage, and your determination. You taught me what it means to never give up, even when things get tough. But more than that, you taught me how to love with everything I have. You're my best friend, my partner, and my hero. I promise to stand by your side, no matter what challenges we face. I'll always be there to support you, to fight with you, and to love you—unbreakably."

Bakugo's eyes softened as he listened, his heart swelling with an emotion he rarely let himself feel. When it was his turn, he took a deep breath, squeezing Kirishima's hands a little tighter.

"Eijiro Kirishima," Bakugo started, his voice low but strong. "You're the only person who's ever been able to break through my walls, the only one who's seen the worst of me and didn't run away. You stuck around, even when I pushed you away, and you showed me what it means to be strong in a different way. You're the damn rock in my life, and I don't know how I'd have made it this far without you. So, yeah, I promise to keep fighting with you, to protect you, and to love you in my own stubborn way. We'll face everything together, and no matter what happens, you're stuck with me."

A few tears slipped down Kirishima's cheeks, but he was grinning so wide that it didn't matter. Bakugo reached up, awkwardly wiping one away with his thumb.

"Sap," Bakugo muttered affectionately.

The officiant smiled warmly at the pair. "By the power vested in me by the Hero Association, I now pronounce you husband and husband. You may kiss."

Bakugo didn't hesitate. He leaned forward, gripping Kirishima's waist and pulling him into a kiss that was equal parts tender and passionate. The crowd erupted into cheers, but for Bakugo and Kirishima, the world seemed to fade away. In that moment, nothing else mattered except for the warmth between them and the love that would carry them through whatever came next.

As they pulled away, foreheads resting against each other, Kirishima whispered, "I love you, Katsuki."

Bakugo smirked, a rare, genuine smile tugging at his lips. "Yeah, I love you too, Ei."

The sun dipped below the horizon, casting a golden hue over the new chapter in their lives—a chapter filled with love, laughter, and a bond that nothing could break.

And as they walked back down the aisle, hand in hand, they knew they were ready to face whatever came their way, as long as they were together.