56 - love's outburst 💗?

ship: katsuki bakugo + eijiro kirishima.

Katsuki Bakugo and Eijiro Kirishima stood in the middle of the training grounds, the late afternoon sun casting long shadows. They had been sparring, but their usual friendly competition had somehow devolved into a heated argument.

"You always have to be so reckless!" Bakugo shouted, his eyes blazing with frustration. "One of these days, you're gonna get yourself killed!"

Kirishima, equally fired up, clenched his fists. "And you think I'm the reckless one? You're the one who charges in without a plan half the time!"

"That's because I can handle it!" Bakugo snapped, his voice echoing across the empty grounds. "You think you're so damn tough, but you're just being stupidly brave!"

"Stupidly brave?" Kirishima repeated, his voice rising in indignation. "Is that what you think of me? I thought we were a team, but you don't trust me at all, do you?"

Bakugo's jaw tightened. "It's not about trust. It's about not wanting to see you hurt, you idiot!"

"Then why don't you just say that instead of yelling at me all the time?" Kirishima demanded, his eyes glistening with a mix of anger and hurt.

"Because..." Bakugo started, then faltered. His fists clenched and unclenched at his sides as he struggled to find the words. "Because I don't know how!"

Kirishima stepped closer, his expression softening despite his frustration. "Bakugo, just tell me what's really going on."

Bakugo's breath hitched, and he looked away, his shoulders tense. "Well, I'm sorry I fell in love with you, okay? But it happened and I can't do shit about it."

Kirishima's eyes widened, his anger dissipating in an instant. "You... What?"

Bakugo glared at the ground, his face flushed with a mixture of anger and embarrassment. "You heard me, shitty hair. I fell in love with you. There, I said it. Happy now?"

For a moment, Kirishima was stunned into silence. He had always admired Bakugo, even liked him more than he was willing to admit, but he never thought Bakugo felt the same way. "'Suki... I... I didn't know."

Bakugo scoffed, though his bravado seemed more like a defence mechanism now. "Yeah, well, now you do. So what? You gonna laugh at me?"

Kirishima shook his head vehemently, stepping even closer until they were inches apart. "No, of course not. I just... I had no idea you felt that way. And for the record, I feel the same way about you."

Bakugo looked down at him, surprise flickering in his eyes. "You... do?"

Kirishima smiled, a soft, genuine smile that lit up his face. "Yeah, I do. I was just too scared to say anything because I didn't think you'd ever feel the same way."

Bakugo's tension seemed to melt away, and he let out a shaky breath. "Well, I do. And now we both know. So... what now?"

Kirishima reached out, taking Bakugo's hand in his. "Now, we stop arguing and start figuring this out together. As a team."

Bakugo squeezed Kirishima's hand, a rare, gentle smile playing at his lips. "Sounds like a plan, shitty hair."

Kirishima laughed, the sound filled with relief and happiness. "Yeah, it does. Now, can we get some dinner? I'm starving."

Bakugo rolled his eyes, but there was no real annoyance in his expression. "Fine, but you're paying."

"Deal," Kirishima said, pulling Bakugo along as they walked back towards the dorms.

As they headed off into the sunset, hand in hand, they both knew that whatever challenges lay ahead, they would face them together. Because now, they had each other.