Chloë's POV

I know that he's having it really difficult right now because of me but I can't stop teasing him. We still have to get our dessert so it might take a while before we can go home. I put my hand on his thigh again and I hear him sigh in relief. Suddenly the client, who apparently is the one who pays for everything tonight, stands up and hits his glass with a knife to get eveyone's attention. "Thank you everybody for joining us tonight. We're here to celebrate Jake's design and his promotion together. All of the designs were really good, but his just had this little something more added to it", the man says. He continues talking, praising all the efforts put into everything and how honored he is to work together with them and so on. "We should also congratulate Jake for having this really beautiful and nice girl as his girlfriend", I suddenly hear. I notice everybody staring at me and Jake puts his arm around me again. "Well let's all enjoy our dessert now", the client ends his speech. "Yeah girlfriend, let's enjoy", Jake smirks at me. For some reason that just really turned me on and I have to squeeze my legs together.

"Well I do have to say, I ship you guys. If I didn't know better I would believe that you guys are a couple", Harper whispers to me while our desserts get served. "You really think so?", I ask her. She nods and takes a bite of her food before looking at me. "You like him don't you?", she asks. I look at her stunned and she just smiles. "I knew it, don't worry, I'll keep my mouth shut", she says. "Is it that obvious?", I ask her. "For him, no, he'll never figure it out on his own. But I've been observing you and I see how you react to him", she replies. "I hope he doesn't find out", I sigh. "Why? Are you scared of something?", she asks. "I don't know, I mean what if he doesn't like me like that", I reply. "Believe me the way he was talking about you when he showed me your pictures and the way he's been looking at you tonight is enough to convince me that he likes you too", she says. "What do you mean?" "He starts smiling the moment he sees you and you should've seen his face while he was showing me pictures of you and you guys together. If he doesn't like you, I'd call him very stupid", she remarks. I take a quick look at Jake while he's talking to his boss and wonder if it's true what Harper says.

"Well here are my social media accounts, contact me sometime", I tell Harper before we leave the restaurant. "Thanks girl, I will. Jake, see you on Monday!", she replies before walking away. "You better get us home quickly because I won't be able to resist this much longer", Jake says to my while pulling my dress. "You told me to wear this remember, it's your own fault", I say while walking to his car. "Yes I'm well aware of that but thanks for reminding me again", he says while rolling his eyes. He looks so good right now, I can't handle it. His shirt sleeves are rolled up, his hair is a little messy and he looks a bit tired, yet so attractive. Since he had some alcohol in the beginning of the evening, he asked me if I could drive us home and I of course agreed. We get in the car and get ready to leave. As I am driving I suddenly feel his hand on my thigh. "Be careful if you do that", I warn him. "Why? You teased me like this earlier, I can do it to you too", he says. "Yeah true, but there is a difference", I reply. "And that is?", he asks. "I'm driving, you were just sitting there", I respond. "Well don't worry angel, we're home soon anyway, you can handle this for a little while now can't you?", he teases. His hand goes a little higher and I'm holding the steering wheel so hard that my knuckles are turning white. I can't squeeze my legs together like I did earlier this night because I need them to drive. His touch is driving me crazy and I'm glad when I succesfully parked the car. "See, I told you that you can do it", he whispers in my ear before getting out. "You're trouble", I reply. "You like trouble", he responds.