Chloë's POV

"Are you sure that's all you want?", Jake asks when we leave the store. "It's enough for me", I lie. "One pair of pants, a shirt and a sweater is enough for you? I saw your closet and I must say, the thing will not be much fuller with only these three things in it", he retorts. "Let's first look for you and if I see something on our way I'll tell you", I answer. "Okay fine, but if I see something you better believe that you're going to try it on", he says. I roll my eyes and we go to another store to look for clothes for him. While he's trying on some things he asks me to come to his door. "What's up?", I ask. He opens the door, shows me a shirt and asks me if they have a larger size. I tell him that I'll be right back and search for the shirt. I find a larger size and go give it to him. "Thanks angel", he says as I hand it to him. "By the way, I saw a dress in the store next doors that might suit you, let's go take a look when I'm ready", he says.

He gets out of the stall after a while and goes to pay. "Let's go", he says after he pays. We go to the next store and he points to the dress. I take a look at it and decide to try it. We walk around to see if they have more stuff I would like to wear and after taking some items, I go to try them on. I try everything else on first and lastly the dress. I show him the dress and he looks at me in awe, I even see his cheeks turn light pink. "What do you think?", I ask him while turning around to show him the back too. "Gorgeous", he whispers. I smile and get back to put my own clothes again. I take all of the clothes outside the changing room and we walk to the register again. While I'm looking for my wallet he tells me that he will pay. "You don't have to it's fine", I argue. "Argue all you want, I'm paying", he responds. The cashier hands me the clothes in a bag and tells us to have a great day. Jake thanks them and pulls me out of the store. 

"I'm going to pay you back", I announce. "Chloë, angel, stop talking about it. Remember when I said that you should let yourself get treated by us? This is such a situation, okay? For once don't worry about the money and just accept the clothes will you?", he asks. I sigh and tell him I will. He takes my hand and squeezes it while saying 'thank you'. "No thank you Jake, this means more to me than you can imagine", I reply. "Don't worry about it angel", he says. "Can I ask you something?", I ask him. "Anything", he answers. "Why do you call me angel?", I look at him while asking. He opens his mouth but closes it again. Maybe I should've kept quiet about it but I'm just very curious. "You don't have to answer if you don't want to I was just wondering", I try to break the uncomfortable silence. "No I-I want to I just can't really find the right words. It actually comes out naturally for some reason. I guess it's because you do these nice thing for me, and now also for Matthew. But do you want me to stop? I'll make sure that I don't say it again if you don't want me to", he babbles. "No no you don't have to stop, like I said I was just curious since I've never had a nickname so I wondered where you got it."

When we arrive home Matthew is on the couch watching TV. He turns around when he hears the door open and jumps up. "You guys are back! Oohh you bought a lot too. You know what that means, I'm going to need a haul of the things you guys bought!", he exclaims when he sees the bags. We laugh but still do the haul for him and he commentson everything. I come out of my room with the dress on and announce that it is the last item. I take on a few different poses and he's looking me up and down. "Damnn girl you be looking fine as heck!", he says like a girl hyping up her friend. "Like omg Jake do you see her? We'll have to protect her if she wears it out in public, men will be all over her", he continues. I laugh because of the way he says it and he also bursts out laughing. "No but seriously, you look really good in it", he says when we finish laughing. "Thanks, that means a lot", I respond before taking the dress off and putting my other clothes on again.