Chapter Twenty Seven

In Jimin's apartment, Jay and Sunghoon lounged on the couch, their expressions a mix of concern and amusement as they discussed the latest updates about their sister, Jiyoo.

Sunoo's quick and frequent reports kept them well-informed, but the situation was getting more complex by the day.

Sunghoon leaned back, a small smile on his lips. "You know, Sunoo says Ni-ki's been hovering around her a lot. It's kind of funny, but at the same time, I get it. I mean, if I were in his shoes..." He trailed off, clearly thinking of Sunoo.

Jay, on the other hand, was less amused. He tapped his foot impatiently. "It's not funny, Hoon. I wanted Jungwon to have a chance. He's a good kid, and he thinks Jiyoo is cute! But now Ni-ki’s always around, making it impossible for Jungwon to even get close."

Sunghoon chuckled. "Well, you should've seen it coming. Ni-ki’s been close to Jiyoo for a while now. And she’s starting to warm up to him too, even if she doesn’t realize it yet."

Jay sighed, frustrated. "But Jungwon… he’s got potential. I thought Jiyoo would like him if they spent more time together. Ni-ki just bulldozed right over that idea."

They both fell silent, the weight of the situation settling over them. Jay’s irritation was evident, while Sunghoon’s more relaxed attitude hinted at his own distractions, namely Sunoo.

Just then, Jimin walked out of his room, looking curious as he adjusted his jacket. "What’s with the heavy atmosphere? You guys look like you’re planning a war."

Jay looked up at him, a determined expression on his face. "Not a war, hyung. We’re just talking about Jiyoo and these two guys around her. Ni-ki and Jungwon. What do you think? Should we intervene?"

Jimin raised an eyebrow, considering their words.

"Intervene? You mean besides what you’re already doing by playing matchmaker?" He shook his head, amused. "Honestly, if Ni-ki’s making her happy, let it be. But don’t push too hard on the Jungwon thing. Jiyoo’s got a mind of her own. She’ll figure it out."

Sunghoon nodded in agreement, while Jay frowned, still not entirely satisfied but willing to hear Jimin out.

They might not have a clear answer yet, but one thing was certain—Jiyoo’s love life was becoming the main topic of conversation among her brothers, and they were all in for a wild ride trying to navigate it.

As they strolled through the bustling mall, the atmosphere was a bit tense. Sunoo had just updated them on the latest developments: Ni-ki's obvious jealousy and Jungwon's innocent confusion as both boys vied for Jiyoo's attention.

Sunghoon chuckled, finding it all rather cute, but Jay was more concerned.

"I just hope Jungwon’s handling all this okay," Jay muttered, worry creasing his brow.

Sunghoon, who had been walking a few steps behind, suddenly stopped and glared at his twin. "Why do you care so much about Jungwon? What about me? I’m your brother, you're other half, remember?"

Jay turned to look at him, confused. "What? Of course, I care about you, too!"

"Really? Because lately, it feels like all you care about is Jungwon," Sunghoon grumbled, crossing his arms as he started to sulk.

He shuffled off, heading towards a store without even looking back.

Jay’s heart sank. He hadn’t realized how much his focus on Jungwon had affected Sunghoon.