Chapter One

Drix heaved a huge sigh when his secretary, Bill, placed the extra paperworks he had to attend to on the desk in front of him.

Being a billionaire for one of the (if not the) biggest companies in the world was certainly a lot of work and absorbed a whole lot of time.

Drix Grayson, a twenty-eight year old multi-billionare and the CEO of Rendox Heix International Company. He was the first to become the CEO at a very young age.

He became the CEO at the age of eighteen and his first and only personal assistant was Bill which was a result of their closeness.

"Work is beginning to stress me out." Bill sighed dramatically, moving a few steps backwards so he could fall on the orange couch.

"Well, you could easily resign, you know." Drix said, staring at the paperworks he had to attend to.

At this rate, he'd probably leave the office by noon.

Bill groaned. "That's the problem, I have no idea where I'd find any other company that'd pay me half as much as you do."

He stood up from the couch, showing off his six foot figure.

Bill had started working with Drix when he was twenty-one which was one of the reasons for their closeness.

Bill was a handsome man (not as handsome as Drix though).

He might not have all the things a female wants in a man like six packs, broad shoulders and chest, oak-shaped jaws (ignore the fact Drix possessed it all and was most certainly not bragging about it), but he was still hot and had had different girlfriends.

"It's frustrating when other companies keep calling to want to work with this company because it'd increase their stocks," he shook his head, "and I have to reject all of them so why the fuck do more companies call."

Drix stood up. He'd do the paperworks later. He had to be somewhere.

"Bill."

"Hmm."

"I've got to go, start the paperworks and I'll come join you later."

His eyes widened in horror. "No, never." He shook his head excessively, waving his palms to the air.

Drix rolled his eyes at his friend's dramatic act.

"You're not going to leave me with all these works. Nope, I am too young to die."

"Either you work or I get someone else to do it." He started towards the door, not bothering to turn back, but stopped once his hands held the doorknob.

"You must do it." He said sternly, opening the door and closing it once out of the office, ignoring the muttered cuss words from Bill.

He headed towards the elevator, coming to a stop when one of his workers, Lenny Micks, appeared in front of him.

"Good day sir." She shyly put a few strands of her hair behind her ears, staring at the ground.

Lenny was just a year younger than him, but just like the other workers (except Bill), she had to give him a lot of respect.

He walked past her, totally ignoring her presence as he strutted to the elevator, pressing the button walking inside it when the doors separated and closed as soon as he was in, pressing the first floor button.

He wasn't stupid to not know that Lenny, just like so many other girls, had a crush on him.

He couldn't blame them, he was unexplainably handsome.

Unfortunately for them, he couldn't return their love. He was the first twenty-eight year old he knew that had never had a girlfriend when most his age were married.

He had promised himself to never fall in love.

Love was truly the most useless thing he knew. He hated love and knew he'd never fall in love.

The elevator dinged and the doors separated.

He walked out of it and out of his company, ignoring all the workers that greeted him dramatically so they'd gain his attention and probably promote them.

He entered his car whose passenger door was opened for him by a bodyguard and closed as soon as he was in.

"Take me to my mom's place."

The car began moving at his command.

Drix hated love. Love was the thing that killed his father, a multi billionaire with a bright future, who had a lot of power and could control anything and anyone, was killed by a petty thing called love.

The annoying part of it all was the love wasn't for his mom. Nope, but some random girl whose father was a debt owner and mother was a drug dealer.

When Drix was eight, he found out his father was cheating on his mom for some female.

He had fallen head over heels for the woman that he was willing to give up everything just to be with her.

His mom was so furious and equally pained. She'd loved him so much, she felt so pained he'd fallen out of love.

Sometimes, Drix would hear them arguing loudly at each other. She'd shout at what would happen to Drix if he would bring a new woman to the house and throw them out.

Foolishly taken by love, he'd said he'd give out all his wealth to Drix, get a divorce and travel around the world with his lover, Pricilia.

Because of the love he had for Pricilia, he'd done exactly as he'd said and left the house.

Pricilia was also in love with him, but she had this ex that was really obsessed with her.

His dad and his stupid love for her had gotten into him so deeply, they'd planned a trip to whatever country of their choice.

On the drive to the airport, her ex had stopped the car.

He said he loved Pricilia too much to let her stay with anyone else. 'if I can't get you, then no one else can.' Those were his words.

He pulled out his gun, pulling the trigger at her but stupidly, out of the most crazy thing they called love, his dad just had to take the bullet for her.

The cops had arrested her ex, but his dad had died with his last words being 'Pricilia, I love you.'

Note, his last words weren't even about his ex wife or son, but some crazy word called 'love'.

THEN, the FRUSTRATING part of this stupid love story was that after he'd died for some woman he loved, Pricilia had said she couldn't live without him and fucking COMMITTED SUICIDE.

Like what?! He'd literally killed himself so she'd live just for her to fucking commit suicide making his death totally useless.

Like what the fuck has love done to people.

After that, he'd vowed to never waste his time falling in love.

After the forty-five minute ride, the car came to a stop in front of a beautiful mansion.

The mansion of the only woman he'd ever love. His mom.