xxiv. 𝐢𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐣𝐞𝐚𝐥𝐨𝐮𝐬

//chapter twenty-four• it makes you jealous

• it makes you jealous

ANDREW CAMERON SLAMMED the gun wrapped in JJ's bandana down on top of intern-sheriff Shoupe's desk before crossing her arms. Pope had been explaining but Andrew was glaring daggers at the police officer. Kiara was quite the sight, covered in mucky, dried up sewer water and she stunk. At least it got the point across.

"...So y'all are tellin' me, this is the firearm Rafe Cameron killed Peterkin with?" Shoupe asked skeptically.

"That's exactly what we're tellin' you, Shoupe." JJ replied a-matter-of-factly. All four kids where stood in that office, staring at the new Sheriff and praying they'd be listened to.

"And the exact same firearm that Ward just used to kill Gavin." Pope added.

"And where's that corpse again?" Shoupe asked rhetorically.

"Why don't you ask Ward?" Andrew snapped, "Have you even looked for the man?"

"Checked the hospital, he wasn't there. Checked his house, he was out." Shoupe shrugged and Kie's jaw dropped.

"He was out? " Kie repeated as one of her eyes twitched in agitated.

"Yeah, no shit, cause he's dead!" JJ exclaimed.

"We tell you we think a guy is dead and you can't find him. You don't have any proof that we're lying cause you can't find the guy which adds to the case that he's dead!" Andrew added, motioning with his arms as he spoke.

"Just because he's not in his damn home does not mean he was a victim of a homicide." Shoupe argued.

"What are you talking about?" Kie felt like she was losing her mind after watching a man get shot and then a cop constantly denies that it happened.

"I told you this would happen." JJ muttered to Pope as he grabbed his hat in agitation. "You gotta be kidding me."

"Are you at least gonna send it in for ballistics and shit or are you just gonna sit on your ass?" Kie demanded, motioning to the gun on Shoupe's desk.

"No. He'll sit there and wax that damn mustache." JJ snapped as he glared at Shoupe.

"Shut up, JJ." Pope didn't want the situation to escalate more that it had.

"It's not fair." Kie shook her head.

"Oh, I'm sorry. Did I hurt his feelings?" JJ asked as Shoupe got up and walked to the door of his office.

"Stop." Andrew warned. The last thing any of them needed was to be locked in a cell for harassing and insulting a police officer.

"Get out." Shoupe commanded.