My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~17.2~

Pulling up to RiverPoint was a relief, I couldn't take the tension that took over the car ride. The car stopped at the keypad for the code to open the gates, Mr.Kelly looked at me with a meaningful look.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and reached for my bag.

"I got it from here, thanks"

As I pushed open the door a hand caught my wrist, I focused my attention on Mr.Kelly's stoney face.

He let go of my wrist and softened his expression.

"Is this really how it's going to be?"

I nodded.

"Yeah, I'm going to be an unbearable bitch untill your honest with me"

He scowled.

"Why are you trying to force it out of me? Why can't you let me tell you when I'm ready to tell you?"

I scowled back.

"I think you mean when you've come up with another lie to tell me"

His jaw clenched.

"If I was going to lie to you I would've done it already, it's not hard. It wouldn't matter if you believed it or not because I could just choose not to tell you the truth, but I'm not going to do that. I am going to tell you, I just need time"

I was growing frustrated and I'm sure it showed.

"Why do you need time to tell the truth?! People spit it out all the time!" I yelled.

He sighed exasperated.

"Because its not the easiest thing to just blurt out! This is a huge part of my life! Can you not undestand that? How would you feel if someone was pressuring you to tell them a secret you never wanted ayone to know huh?"

My mouth dried at the last sentence he spoke. I have a secret I never want anyone to know, one I've lied about and tried not to think about. Nobody has ever pressured me to tell them about it because of how touchy it is, but if they did I think I'd break down. Maybe I wasn't being fair, maybe I'm being an asshole for no reason. Again.