My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~22~

The remainder of the night was really awkward, we ended up watching The Lion King in the theater. Of course I couldn't focus on it because I was stil cursing myself for kissing my best friend. Honestly, what in God's name is wrong with me, that is the line you are not supposed to cross. What if this screws up everything? I mean I know it was only a kiss, but the way it felt was crazy. There are no words to describe it, I've only felt that feeling once before in my life. I never expected Garey to be THAT good at it I mean he's never had a girlfriend before and I don't recall him ever having a first kiss....Was I his first kiss? If I was that is so cute..... NO! Stop! What are you thinking? This is your best friend your talking about!

"I don't know about you guys, but I can't even keep my eyes open. I'm going to bed" Quinn yawned and left the theater.

"I hate to say it, because I am master party animal but I need sleep now. 'Night" Riley disappeared in the direcion of Quinn.

"Me too" I muttered standing up from my chair, without another word or a 'goodnight' I scurried to Quinn's room and joined her in her bed. She was already snoring.

2:00 a.m. and I was wide awake staring up at the vaulted ceiling. As you can imagine I can't sleep, my stomach growled loudly. I covered it with my hands as if it would silence it, when it growled again I decided to go get a snack. Walking through the giant house at night was like being in a mall after closing hours, and being in the kitchen was like robbing a grocery store. Since I didn't want to make much noise or have to turn on a light, I settled on whatever was already prepared in the refridgerator. A platter of finger sandwiches was sitting in the middle rack. Bingo. Slipping the platter out of the fridge, I grabbed a Sobe with my free hand and closed the door with my hip.

I settled into one of the bars stools and picked up a sandwich, the first bite was like heaven in my mouth. Didn't know I was that hungry.

"Couldn't sleep either?" A voice came from behind me. I jumped violently and fell out of the stool, my skin smacked on the tile floor and my butt began to throb.

"Crap, Krys are you okay?" I now recognized the voice, Garey reached down and helped me to my feet. My cheeks burned but since it was dark I didn't bother hiding it.

I rubbed my butt and sat back in the stool.

"Yeah, I'm fine. You scared the shit out of me"

He took the stool next to me and snickered.

"I noticed, sorry about that"