My Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~26~

-Flashback-

My thighs and calves burned ruthlessly as I pedalled harder, the steepness of the hill making the task all the more difficult. To make things worse, I had to avoid the many trees that were scattered about the forest. Watching Vascoe ride effortlessly up the never ending hill with a backpack on his back, was even more daunting, he hadn't even broke a sweat. Unlike me who had sweat drizzling down my forehead and my shirt sticking to my back. One thing kept whizzing in my mind, how did he get me to agree to this? Finally the top of the hill came into view, Vascoe made it up and parked his bike against one of the big trees. Using my last shred of strength I forced the wheels onto the leveled surface of the hill and climbed off. When my feet hit the ground my legs buckled under me, before I fell Vascoe scooped me up into his arms letting my bike fall to the ground.

"Someone is tired I see" He smirked down at me.

"Understatement, exahusted is more like it" I breathed.

He set me down on my feet, keeping a hand on my back for balance.

"The bright side of things is now you can rest...after we take a little walk"

I groaned.

"You have got to be kidding me, there is no way I can move anymore"

He started guiding me around a bend.

"It's not that bad, I thought you sai you were in shape"

I fought to keep my legs from giving out, but my knees kept quaking.

"I said I was in shape, not Superman. Apparently you are."

He chuckled and held me steady as we continued walking.

"If I was Superman, we would've just flown up here"

I chortled weakly.

"Yeah, well maybe I should go on a date with Superman"

He stopped, forcing me to stop. When I looked up at him he was pouting, I laughed and squeezed his arm.

"I was kidding."