MY Past Summer Fling; Is Now My Screwed Up Reality ~39~

"Samuel you're on duty." Austin told him as he stepped away from the window and put his gun in his waistband.

Mila was sitting up on one of the beds sharpening her knives, Reese was pacing back and forth in front of the couch in the other end of the room. The five of them had been at the small ratty hotel for nearly seven hours. Krys hadn't slept the entire time nor had any of the others, which begged the question of why they had shifts on who watched the window.

"This doesn't make any sense, how could they find us? Mila and I made sure we weren't followed outside of the club that night... If they followed you across the river then they would've just attacked then and there so it doesn't add up!" Reese barked and continued her incessant pacing.

Austin sighed and sat down next to Krys on the bed, she leaned into him to rest her head on his shoulder. At this point neither of them cared about the secret relationship they had going on, it was life and death and it mattered not anymore. Not that the other three didn't suspect it anyway.

"Reese, it doesn't matter how they did it, all that matters is they did and-"

"No, it does matter because that was my last safe house Austin! I drained a crazy amount of money into that damn mansion because I planned on staying there permanently!"

Austin was getting fed up with her attitude every since they arrived at the hotel, all she had done was complain about the events.

"It's a tragedy that your mansion had to explode to get out alive but pacing up and down this room isn't going to make it any better! Give it a rest there's no way you could've changed it!"

Reese stopped pacing and pointed an accusing finger at Krys.

"If she wasn't here this wouldn't have happened, I would still have my mansion and no problems at all! Three years I've been there and I haven't had one scare!"

Austin's eyes narrowed to slits and Krys gaped at the blond.

"Do not try and pin this on Krys she has nothing to do with this, this is my mess and you know it!"

Krys couldn't believe what Reese was saying but at the same time she felt guilty. In a way Reese was right but then again she didn't ask to be at her mansion either.

Reese scowled.

"Come on Austin, not once have you been caught so easily. It can't be a coincidence that you get spotted at the mall and the night club too! And then we get invaded?! You don't think that's the slightest bit suspicious?"

Samuel and Mila were listening into the argument and couldn't help but comply with Reese's assumption. After all it did seem kind of fishy that the second Krys came along, they ran into so much trouble. Krys on the other hand was focused on how Reese knew about them being spotted at the mall, she looked to Austin with a questioning gaze but he was glaring at Reese.