03

Yin Xing rubbed his hands nervously, and looked at Yin Mei from time to time, making sure that she was really asleep before he felt relieved.

Halfway through the journey, Yin Mei heard Yin Xing say to her, "Sister, I can't do anything about it. The evidence is in someone else's hands... Besides, it was your mother's portrait that fell into the hands of the prince."

Yin Mei didn't move, her eyes tightly closed.

"But, I am doing this for your own good. No matter how beautiful you are, you are still the daughter of a merchant family. It is not a loss for you to be with the prince."

The carriage came to a secluded place and stopped abruptly.

The hustle and bustle in the distance seemed to be in another world. Yin Mei felt cold all over. She was also betting that the prince would arrive shortly after Yin Xing left, just as in her dream.

After a while, Yin Mei heard the sound of Yin Xing lifting the car curtain and jumping out. She immediately opened her eyes and carefully lifted a corner of the curtain to look out.

Yin Xing had already walked far away, and the coachman was also nowhere to be seen. Not far away came the sound of horses and carriages. The horses' footsteps were in unison and sounded quite imposing. Yin Mei guessed as soon as she heard it that it must be the prince's men.

She knew she had made the right bet and did not dare to hesitate any longer. She immediately stood up, rolled up her skirt, slipped out of the car quietly, and ran into the darkness.

Soon after, the carriages and horses arrived in front of the lonely carriage of the Yin family. The man in the carriage gently lifted the curtain, his thin lips slightly parted, and his voice was as low as turquoise and jade, "Cangsong, go and check on the carriage."

Cangsong, the follower who followed him, was slightly startled, and suddenly looked at other people's carriages? What was Lord Shen thinking?

However, he had followed the master for a long time and had done strange things before. Cangsong immediately responded, jumped off the horse quickly, and quickly came to the front of the Yin family's carriage and said, "Excuse me."

The curtain of the carriage was lifted, and Cangsong was ready to draw his sword, but he saw that it was empty inside.

Although Cangsong didn't understand why he had to look at the carriage, he still went back to the carriage, clasped his fists and said truthfully, "Sir Shen, there is no one in the carriage."

After a moment of silence in the carriage, Cangsong only heard the man's voice inside, which was calm and he couldn't tell what emotion he was feeling, "Go find the emperor."

"yes."

Yin Mei didn't dare to go far, nor did she dare to get too close to the Lantern Festival. She found an old tree with a trunk so thick that it took three people to hug it. There was a tree hole under the trunk, which was just right for hiding people.

Seeing that there was no one around, Yin Mei hid inside immediately. A faint musty smell wafted from the tree trunk, and damp moss stuck to her priceless brocade, but she didn't dare to show her head and could only peek out through the gaps in the tree trunk.

There was a lot of noise outside, and who knew who was the terrifying prince?

After an unknown amount of time, Yin Mei's feet were numb. Although the weather was good today, it was a bit cold at night. The more Yin Mei didn't move, the more she shivered. She tried to rub her arms to keep warm, but it was just a drop in the bucket and didn't have much effect.