17

This was even more annoying than meeting Sun Baizhou alone.

Yin Mei quickly reminded Taohua and then quickly stepped back, trying to hide their presence and let the brother and sister go in earlier.

Unexpectedly, Miss Sun Ning had sharp eyes. As soon as she got out of the carriage, she saw Yin Mei's figure not far away. Her eyes curved, a mocking smile appeared on her face, and her voice was sharp, "Miss Yin, why are you hiding?"

Sun Baizhou didn't pay attention to the situation here at first. He just talked to Yin Zhu casually. When he heard Sun Ning's voice, he looked to the side.

Yin Mei stopped, lowered her head, and said nothing.

Sun Baizhou saw her figure from afar but didn't pay much attention to her. He had heard his sister talk about this woman. It was said that she had some affair with the prince, and the news had spread throughout the capital. Not only that, it seemed that she was also trying to get close to Lord Shen Yunshu.

Who is Lord Shen? He won the top three prizes in the imperial examinations and rose to prominence in the officialdom. He is a god in the eyes of scholars.

Sun Baizhou prides himself on being a man who has read the books of sages. What's more, the people he clings to are the great Lord Shen.

Now that he has passed the imperial examination, he has become even more arrogant. He has always looked down upon and regarded as ashamed women who are unfaithful to their husbands and run around outside all day long.

Thinking of this, he didn't want to look at the woman even more, for fear of dirtying his eyes.

"Weren't you very majestic that day? Why are you so timid today and dare not show your head?" Sun Ning's voice was filled with a hint of laughter. She had figured out in the past few days that Yin Mei was just a bumpkin from the country. Although she was a legitimate daughter, she grew up in the country. When she came to the capital, she was like an outsider and was not welcome at home.

When Master Cangsong said those words to me that day, he was probably just feeling sorry for Yin Mei.

Let Shen Yunshu wait for her in person at the mansion? If this rumor gets out, I'm afraid even dogs won't believe it.

After Sun Ning figured this out, he felt much better when he saw Yin Mei avoiding him, and he even looked at the Yin family with some disdain.

The Yin family is just a merchant family. If they didn't have some money, why would their Sun family marry into such a family? Sun Ning felt that he was giving a lot of face to such a person just by saying a few more words to her.

Sun Ning got off the carriage and said to Yin Meiyi in a bossy manner, "Why are you so rude? Don't you know how to come over and pay your respects?"

Yin Zhu was a little at a loss, wanting to say something but not knowing how to start.

She was familiar with Sun Ning. Although this girl usually had a bad temper, she had never heard her speak to others like this. It was really harsh. She was a little worried about Sister Yin Mei.

Sun Ning didn't care about Yin Zhu. Seeing Yin Mei hesitated, she frowned and said to Sun Baizhou coquettishly, "Brother, look at her."

"Stop it." Sun Baizhou looked similar to Sun Ning, with delicate features and a slender figure. He could be called "a handsome man" outside. He frowned and said, "We are in the Yin family, so don't worry about it."

"Hmph." Sun Ning snorted coldly.

"Yes, Daddy is still waiting inside." Yin Zhu said, "Young Master Sun...you, why don't you go in first?"