63

"I heard that someone beat the drum overnight to complain, saying that Yin Hongyu had colluded with Shen Yun and alienated Lord Shen for many years, and that Lord Shen had made a lot of money through Yin Hongyu."

"I see. Is it because of this that the high and mighty Lord Shen married the daughter of the Yin family?"

"That's what I said. It's not that simple. There must be a reason why Lord Shen likes that girl."

"But I heard that Lord Shen had already given the account books and evidence directly to the current emperor. The evidence is far different from what the people who beat the drum to complain about their grievances said!"

"Where did you hear that?"

"It came from the palace."

"Is this true? The Prime Minister is worthy of being the Prime Minister. He is very capable."

"I don't think so. If he didn't do it, how could he know in advance that someone was going to sue him?"

In the East Palace, Zhao Chenglin lay on the couch, cold and silent.

Not far away, a woman in a gauze dress slowly walked up to him, placed the fruit in her hand beside him, stretched out her hand, and rubbed his legs with some trepidation.

Zhao Chenglin's eyes moved, and he saw that the person coming was Sun Ning.

She put on makeup, her face was as white as snow, her lips were as red as a gorgeous crabapple, her eyes were lowered charmingly, and the gauze on her body outlined her beautiful figure, which was quite attractive.

"..." Zhao Chenglin was anxiously waiting for news from the palace because of Shen Yunshu. He was already in a bad mood and naturally didn't care about the severity of his actions.

He reached out and grabbed Sun Ning's wrist tightly, pulling her towards him like a rag.

Sun Ning cried out in pain, tears welling up in her eyes, with a slight hint of fear in her eyes.

She knew that the prince had a bad temper and was moody, but she had no other way out now.

The Sun family has collapsed, and the prince is in a high position with great power. If she can successfully become the prince's woman, Sun Baizhou will definitely be fine, and she, Sun Ning, will be able to hold her head up again in front of those people...

Sun Ning's voice was gentle, and with the help of Zhao Chenglin's strength, she simply threw herself into Zhao Chenglin's arms.

Seeing that Zhao Chenglin did not push her away, she was delighted and simply plucked up the courage to reach out her hand and placed it somewhere under Zhao Chenglin's lower abdomen.

Zhao Chenglin's breath choked, and murderous intent surged in his eyes.

The author has something to say:

Sun Ning: Oh? Why no response?

Zhao Chenglin: Haha.

The weekend is here, and it’s time to update again. Wait for my lengthy and thick work tomorrow. Benbai is different from the prince, I’m very good at it!

Chapter 56 (Update 1)

Sun Ning did not sense any abnormality in Zhao Chenglin's emotions and thought that he was frozen by his own actions.

Seeing that Zhao Chenglin did not scold her, nor stop her from further actions, she was delighted and became even more aggressive. She leaned over and slowly untied Zhao Chenglin's belt.