20

"It's nothing, I was just being sentimental." Yin Mei smiled bitterly, "Don't take yourself too seriously."

"How can you say that, young lady? The best man in the world is not worthy of our young lady." Taohua looked at Yin Mei seriously, "Young lady, don't be sad."

"Yeah." Yin Mei tried her best to smile, "You go and take a rest. I'll check the accounts for a while."

In order not to disturb Yin Mei, Taohua helped Yin Mei grind the ink, and then went to take a nap in a seat in the corner of the side hall. She fell asleep after a while and did not notice that there was an extra person in the room.

Yin Mei's emotions were fluctuating today. After crying, she felt tired and her mind was in a mess. She couldn't calm down for a while.

After she did a few calculations, she felt a buzzing in her head, and her eyes felt a little swollen after crying.

Just as she was rubbing her eyes tiredly, suddenly a slender jade-white finger stretched out in front of her, and a low voice sounded in her ear, "This is a mistake."

Yin Mei was startled and stood up suddenly. When she raised her head, she bumped into Shen Yunshu's chin, making a strange sound. Yin Mei cried out in pain and stood in front of Shen Yunshu with her head covered.

Shen Yunshu frowned and touched his chin, letting out a soft "hiss". His usual calmness and aloofness seemed to be shattered by Yin Mei at this moment. He frowned and looked at Yin Mei, "You have a pretty hard head."

"..." Yin Mei felt a pain in her head and pouted her lips in grievance. She hadn't said that he had a hard chin yet! The wicked complained first.

Seeing Yin Mei's aggrieved look, Shen Yunshu felt relieved and a lot of the anger in his body was released. He looked at Yin Mei's soft hair, which was like light clouds.

"Does it hurt?" Shen Yunshu's voice sounded much softer than before.

Yin Mei nodded and looked at him pitifully.

Shen Yunshu glanced at her, took out a brocade bag from his arms and placed it in front of her.

The brocade bag looked unusually heavy and made a "click" sound when placed on the table. Yin Mei immediately took her hand off her head and reached out to the brocade bag to examine it carefully.

Yin Mei didn't even need to guess, this material, this weight, this shape... she was very familiar with it! Judging from the heavy appearance, it should be no less than thirty taels.

Yin Mei's eyes suddenly lit up, and for a moment she even forgot the pain in her head.

"Your reward." Shen Yunshu looked at her bright eyes, a faint smile appeared on the corner of his mouth, but he suppressed it again.

"Thank you, Lord Shen." Yin Mei felt that there were fifty taels of silver in it as soon as she touched it, a full fifty taels.

It would take her a year to earn this amount in Huizhou.

I have to say that although Shen Yunshu exploits people, he is indeed generous with his rewards.

Yin Mei tried her best to endure it, but the money in her hands made her unable to hold back at all. She almost wanted to laugh out loud, and her eyes were curved, as beautiful as crescent moons.

That’s great. Now I have a place to stay with my uncle and aunt.

"But you miscalculated the account." Shen Yunshu suddenly broke Yin Mei's beautiful fantasy and asked, "What should I do?"

"Ah?" Yin Mei was stunned. She lowered her head and looked carefully at the place she had just calculated. After a closer look, it was true.

She was absent-minded just now and indeed wrote a wrong word at the beginning, so the number was off by a huge margin.