30

Chapter 29 (Update 1)

Yin Mei almost immediately avoided his gaze, turned her head and looked elsewhere, pretending to look closely at the imaginary patterns on a white porcelain bottle.

Shen Yunshu saw that her crystal clear and lovely ears were suddenly covered with a light red color. He looked at her deeply for a few more times, then slowly and reluctantly turned his gaze to Yin Hongyu in front of him.

Yin Hongyu was now stunned. When he came to his senses, his cloudy eyes were rolling rapidly in his eye sockets. He was usually very quick to react, but his mind was full of thoughts and he couldn't make sense of it for a while.

Father-in-law?

Which father-in-law? Which daughter?

Yin Mei?

Yin Hongyu looked at Yin Mei in shock, then suddenly lowered his head. Cold sweat broke out on his body. His face turned red, and he felt weak in his heart when he thought of what he had just said to Yin Mei.

How is this possible! Isn't Yin Mei the one favored by the prince? How could Lord Shen...

Yin Hongyu suddenly remembered the Shen Mansion token that he had found at Yin Mei's place that day. Cold sweat ran down his hair and slid across his throbbing temples.

It turns out there were already signs of this before!

He was panic-stricken for a moment, but after he figured out the key, an unstoppable ecstasy surged in his heart.

Who is this person in front of him? This is Shen Yunshu, the son-in-law from a noble family that no one else in the capital can hope to get even if they pray to God!

Such a distinguished person actually came to visit in person, which showed that he attached great importance to Yin Mei.

Yin Hongyu's mind moved, and he immediately put on a smiling face. His face flushed a little, and he looked at Shen Yunshu with a smile, as if he wanted a definite answer, so he asked, "Sir Shen, I don't quite understand what you mean."

Shen Yunshu was not prepared to answer his question. He just glanced at him casually, and his eyes swept to Sun Baizhou who was kneeling and paying homage not far away, and did not let them stand up.

Ordinary etiquette does not require such grand ceremony, but if they want to kneel, let them kneel.

"I just heard you talking about where Miss Yin went yesterday." Shen Yunshu's tone was extremely cold. Although he called Yin Hongyu "Father-in-law", he did not give the future father-in-law any face at all.

"Since you want to know the answer, I will tell you that Miss Yin was not feeling well yesterday. Her brother is a weak person, so I helped her and found a doctor for her."

Yin Hongyu was shocked when he heard this answer, but he couldn't figure out how much Shen Yunshu knew about the matter. For a moment, his whole body was stiff and he dared not move. He could only nod his head repeatedly.

"Are you satisfied with this answer?" Shen Yunshu asked.

"Satisfied, satisfied... No, Lord Shen, you are too polite. If you like Yin Mei, just marry her. She is well-behaved in daily life, but she has a stubborn personality. If she makes you embarrassed, you can beat or scold her as you like. You can do whatever you want with her." Yin Hongyu said hurriedly.

Shen Yunshu raised his chin slightly, squinted his eyes and looked at Yin Hongyu, without saying a word for a long time.

There was silence in the hall. Yin Hongyu didn't hear Shen Yunshu's reply for a long time. He raised his head cautiously and looked at Shen Yunshu, but saw a sneer on Shen Yunshu's lips. He was looking at him playfully, but there was no smile in his eyes, only a cold sense of oppression and murderous intent.