14

"Let's take it one step at a time." Yin Mei's head was also swollen. She had been looking at the account books for a whole day and was really tired. "Next time I go, I must ask him about the extra money."

"..." Taohua looked at Yin Mei with some surprise, and said softly, "Miss, you are really brave. If it were me, I would never dare to mention silver again if I put a stain on Lord Shen's clothes."

Yin Mei lowered her head and thought carefully for a moment, then gritted her teeth and shook her head, making up her mind, "No, let's put one thing first, and we must not give up on the money."

As soon as the two of them walked into the inner hall of Yin's house, Yin Mei felt a chill and thought something was wrong. Yin Hongyu was actually in the inner courtyard. He stood there with his hands behind his back, like a statue.

"Daddy." Yin Mei bowed, feeling a bad feeling in her heart.

Yin Hongyu turned around slowly and saw her face, his eyes were gloomy.

"Someone come."

"Tie her up."

The author has something to say:

Yin Mei: "Although he is extremely powerful, he is not as reliable as Prince Rui."

Cangsong: Lord Shen is so pitiful.

Taohua: Lord Shen is so pitiful.

Chapter 16 (Catching Bugs)

"Tie her up." Yin Hongyu said this, and the servants and maids who had been waiting around came forward instantly, pulled Yin Mei's sleeves, put the thick hemp rope that had been prepared long ago around her, and tightened it.

"Father!" It would be a lie for Yin Mei to say that she was not surprised. Yin Hongyu was trying to break off relations with her by doing this.

She had thought there would be such a day, but she had never imagined it would come so soon.

In the dream, she had a showdown with Yin Hongyu. It was because she ran away secretly with Taohua after the Lantern Festival, but it snowed heavily and they couldn't leave, so they were tied up and brought back. After Yin Hongyu found her, he was completely furious and locked her up in the room. From then on, she could not move.

After that, she could no longer put up any resistance, and was like a fish on a chopping board, at the mercy of others. The last time she went out, she was sent to be the prince's concubine.

She originally thought that as long as she behaved better, managed the shop well, and made herself more useful, she could continue to keep to herself and Yin Hongyu, and she would have more time to change the status quo.

But Yin Mei overestimated Yin Hongyu's bottom line as a father.

Yin Mei struggled constantly. The maid who came forward was okay as she was not very strong and still had some room to resist. But those servants were very strong and Yin Mei's wrists were rubbed by the coarse hemp rope, which caused a burning pain.

Taohua, who was standing by, cried anxiously but was powerless to resist. She was restrained and taken to the side with her mouth covered.

She can't reveal her true colors now, she has to keep pretending, Yin Mei thought anxiously.

Yin Mei deliberately twisted her body and struggled, but the maid next to her pushed her ruthlessly. Yin Mei fell to her knees with a plop. Sure enough, the heavy object in her arms fell to the ground with a clink, attracting everyone's attention.

Yin Hongyu saw the sign on the ground, but couldn't read the words on it clearly, so he said, "What is it? Bring it here."

A servant immediately took the sign and handed it over. Yin Hongyu looked at it carefully, and his eyes changed in an instant, as if he was shocked.